cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open downloaded image files

Cannot open downloaded image files

Andel
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've uploaded a bunch of JPG images onto dropbox. I can open them there no problem but when I want to download them onto my desktop it zips them into a pdf file that then cannot be opened by Photoshop. This is not a matter of size. If I downlaod just a single image, it works just fine, doesn't zip and I can open on my desktopn in the original jpg format. Anything 2 images plus, zips up and cannot be opened. Error message in photoshop says that it cannot be opened because it is not the right kind of file?!?

I spent a couple of hours trying to find a solution on-line and in this community forum to no avail. Please help - this is driving me insane. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Andel - thanks for posting your question here.

From what I understand you are multi-selecting these photos and downloading them from the website. The expected behavior here is exactly what you described - this process batches the files together under the same zip file when downloaded. The only thing you need to do is find a 3rd party app (you can find one easily by doing a simple google search)  that is able to un-zip them and you'd be ready to go.

This way, you'll get your JPG files as separate files on your computer and you should be able to open them using Photoshop with no problem. 

I hope this points you to the right direction and please let me know how this works out for you in the end. 

Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Andel - thanks for posting your question here.

From what I understand you are multi-selecting these photos and downloading them from the website. The expected behavior here is exactly what you described - this process batches the files together under the same zip file when downloaded. The only thing you need to do is find a 3rd party app (you can find one easily by doing a simple google search)  that is able to un-zip them and you'd be ready to go.

This way, you'll get your JPG files as separate files on your computer and you should be able to open them using Photoshop with no problem. 

I hope this points you to the right direction and please let me know how this works out for you in the end. 

Thank you!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Andel
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Walt3R, 

Thanks so much for your quick and most helpful response! This was so easy I can't help feeling a little stupid for not having figured it out myself!

You are star 🙂

Bests

Andel

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for your kind reply @Andel - much appreciated!

Glad to hear this helped clear things up and note that I'm always here for you - should you have any more questions, feel free to post them to our Forum and I, or a colleague of mine, will make sure to address every concern you might have in the best possible way. 

Thanks for using Dropbox and have a lovely week ahead Andel!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

perth45
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here, I wish I'd neve heard of dropbox....its impossible, I'm surprised they are still in business.....

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

perth45 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Andel Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?