cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Photos to Dropbox

Google Photos to Dropbox

Norm F.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What is the easiest way to get all my Google Photos to Dropbox and to have new pictures taken with my Samsung 9+ phone to automatically upload to Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Norm F. wrote:
What is the easiest way to get all my Google Photos to Dropbox ...

Download the photos from Google and place them in the Dropbox folder on your computer, allowing them to sync to your account. Or, user a third-party service such as mover.io to transfer your files between services.

... and to have new pictures taken with my Samsung 9+ phone to automatically upload to Dropbox.

Install the Dropbox app on your mobile device and enable the Camera Uploads feature.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Norm F. wrote:
What is the easiest way to get all my Google Photos to Dropbox ...

Download the photos from Google and place them in the Dropbox folder on your computer, allowing them to sync to your account. Or, user a third-party service such as mover.io to transfer your files between services.

... and to have new pictures taken with my Samsung 9+ phone to automatically upload to Dropbox.

Install the Dropbox app on your mobile device and enable the Camera Uploads feature.

Norm F.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you but how do I download my photos from Google?

Juunas
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

Hi Norm!

I was able to find this help article for Google Photos regarding downloading all photos from their service to your computer. While I don't use Google Photos myself, maybe you would find it helpful? 

Download photos or videos to your device

You can copy your photos and videos back to your device.

Download all photos or videos
  1. On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
  2. Click Settings and then Create a Google Photos folder.
  3. In My Drive, find and open the Google Photos folder.
  4. Select the folder you want to download.
  5. Click More and then Select All and then Download.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Juunas Experienced | Level 12
    Norm F. New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?