cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox photo gallery

How can I view my photos like a gallery?

COKEDUDE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

There used to be a feature to view your pictures in gallery. What happened to that? I can't find it anymore :(.

Something like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=smile&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8zKKRhv...

32 Replies 32

vibrantnet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

YES THIS LINK WORKS 

rathenn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have no photos button anymore. This is most iritating - PLEASE MAKE IT BACK. I know I can use deeplink but this is not a point. Plese bring my photos button back imidietly.

FelipeSJArdim
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want the photo button back again! I pay for this expense dropbox service and they took the button out??? I lost almost one hour of work because of this. MAKE IT BACK or I will stop pay for the service. I do not want to write a link in the browser to access it! 

Katherine R.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Someone else asked my same question here:
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Files-folders/How-can-I-view-my-photos-like-a-gallery/m-p/293000#M73...

Here is the answer, bt it does not work:

Do you by any chance mean your photos tab on the website? You can navigate there by:
  1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click Files.
  3. Select Photos.
Under "files" in my account there is NO "Photos" file, consisting of all my photos, TO select. There are only files I have created for specific groups of phtots that have the word photos in them.

I have been a member of relatively pricey paid Dropbox for more than a decade and so has my husband. I am upset I cannot take advatage of this REALLY IMPORTANT (to me) feature!

Somewhere during my sure it said "your photos file has been deleted. If it was deleted, it was dropbox, not me. That is one of my VERY MOST CRITICAL FEATURES becuase i have loads of dadat and valuable pictures and if I cannot browse for them, they are as goo ad lost to my business which is very photo-centric.

FlyingViking
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I cannot see the Photo tab either... And the URL to .../Photos  takes  me to the root of my  Dropbox  directories - and that does not solve  the problem...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone, thanks for nudging us on this thread!

If you've tried accessing your photos with this link and you're still having trouble, could you try the following:

• Navigating from another browser?
  • Using an incognito/private window?
  • Clearing the cache?
  • Making sure that you're not running any third party browser extensions or plugins? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jonas E.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi I am also facing the problem with the photos tab does not show.  The link works but it should be possible to navigate through on the website. Uploading images from phone and other devices is why I am a client of dropbox which is a great functionality. However it is really not very intuitive on how to manage images.  I have look for a tutorial but does not exist?  It would be good to know how dropbox suggest we should manage and view our images?

Thanks for your help

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Jonas E.3, thanks for checking in with us.

I'd be more than happy to help, I'll just need a bit more info on what you're trying to achieve when you mention that you'd like to manage images?

Are you trying to preview the images you upload in a specific sequence, or see a list of added photos?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jonas E.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil

Thanks for reaching out. I have a few use cases I can share.

As previously mentioned in this thread the link to photos is missing on dropbox.com. Now you need to figure out to write the url directly www.dropbox.com/photos. You can of course bookmark it but not very nice UX.

I am using macbook air and the new dropbox client (same case for finder). I want to open images and move from one image to another in a folder. I also want to be able to share the viewing on a screen. Can I do that or do I need to open browser and navigate to photos.

I am using the camera upload from phone and other devices. thus all images end up there work, private, whatsapp etc.  I do not want to share all photos with everyone. Then I need to move into a separate folder and share so that works but then I am not having all images in one place. Example we have been on a family trip with friends and taken 50 photos. I want to share 20 with my friends but not the remaining but I do not want to have them in separate folders.  So I would like to keep one repository for all photos but group them in albums. I believe this is what carousel did?

I think it would be great if you can create a guide on best practice for managing photos with dropbox. I am mainly using dropbox as a private person and having a backup of photos as well as managing them from different touchpoints was the main reason for signing up with dropbox initially.

Thanks for your help.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the details, @Jonas E.3.

You can move from one image to another using the cursor keys when they are being previewed on the site. To view them on a screen, you’d need to open the browser there.

Currently, albums are no longer an option on the Dropbox site, and can only be created and edited on Android devices. They can shared as a link to open in a normal browser.

In order to get a similar experience to albums, you would need to have the photos you want shared in a separate folder (or several if you have different batches) and share the the folders as links.

I hope this info helps to clarify matters!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?