cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to upload ALL images to Camera Uploads?

Is it possible to upload ALL images to Camera Uploads?

Stephen C.26
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Camera Uploads obviously uploads images from the camera roll. Only. Is it possible to upload all photos on my phone to Camera Uploads? Including ones downloaded or edited in an app?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen C.26
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Answer: NO. Come on Dropbox. :unamused:

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Stephen C.26,

As far as I’m aware, any image saved to your device will be available within the Camera roll so they would be picked up by camera uploads within Dropbox. Images you download specifically on your device will be saved within your Photos app and the camera roll (as well as automatically added to the "Downloads" album).

In terms of edited photos, I believe it is the same case. You may see that the photos are saved perhaps in an album created by the app, but these should essentially still be within the camera roll also as it includes all albums.

If you’re using a specific app to edit images then it might be worth just checking in your Photos app to see if you see an album created by that app.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks! 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Stephen C.26
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Unfortunately that is not what is happening. All I get is the contents of the "Camera" folder inside "DCIM". Other photos like everything in the "Pictures" folder, WhatsApp, Photoshop Express, Screenshots, Facebook, Instagram, etc don't upload to Camera Uploads at all. (They are all inside the "Photos" app though, and backed up to photos.google.com). And I can't find any setting to enable this. This is an Android phone ver 9

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for that clarification there! I looked into this on a few different OS devices and what I mentioned above seems to apply for iOS but not so much for Android devices. 

For an Android device, to get those other images to upload with automatic camera uploads, you can select the images within the other albums and choose to “move to folder” or “copy to folder” and choose the Camera roll.

This would allow them to be automatically uploaded, otherwise I can suggest uploading the images manually from other albums into the Dropbox app.

Hope this helps to clarify the matter - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Stephen C.26
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks but that rather defeats the whole purpose of having Dropbox update Camera Uploads automatically. NOT your problem though thanks for trying to help.

But Dropbox… wutt???!

Stephen C.26
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Answer: NO. Come on Dropbox. :unamused:

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I’m glad that I could at least help to clear up the situation, it’s unfortunate that the work around I suggested wasn’t feasible for you. Perhaps there may be some suggestions by others on how you could possibly set the Camera roll as a default location to save all images perhaps, so that they can be automatically uploaded by camera uploads?

Your thread will remain open in case any other users have some other suggestions on how to achieve your goal. In the meantime I’ll pass along your interest in seeing this (uploading all images from "Photos") as a feature to our dev team.

Have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

aFriend
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This isn't quite what you're asking for BUT.. if you do not mind using a third party app, you can get a similar effect. get the 'FolderSync' app or any other app with similar features from the google play store.using FolderSync app as an example, add your Dropbox account, then under Folderpairs, under Accounts: select your Dropbox account. sync type: 'to remote folder.'. Remote folder: select the folder in Dropbox you want to sync to. Local folder: the folder from your phone you want to get the files from, then select the frequency of the syncing, if only while on wifi or cellular and things along that line. you might have to repeat this process for each individual folder you want to sync.

Hope this helps

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

aFriend Explorer | Level 4
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Stephen C.26 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?