Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Puffin browser won't add photos.

Level 2

Hi, I use the puffin web browser on my ios and whenever I save an image to dropbox, it doesn't appear in my dropbox! any solutions to this problem?

3 Replies

Re: Puffin browser won't add photos.

Dropboxer
Hey @Idiotnerd

This sounds like it’s a function of the browser. I have just replicated this with Puffin, but using other browsers, I got different save options on every one! 

I don’t know if our team has any control over this, but I’d like to make them aware in any case. Can you tell me what version of iOS your device is on, and what version of our app and Puffin you’re using? 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

For Puffin I'm using version 5.2.2 and for IOS I'm using 10.0.1. Dropbox is 68.2

Hopefully this can be figured out soon, thanks!

Highlighted

Level 2

It’s January 2019 on latest Puffin and it still doesn’t work on iOS12!

It never provides a path to save to within Dropbox. Puffin states the preferred save mode is Dropbox. Dropbox has Puffin as a linked app.

Save as should provide an option to save the file to Dropbox.

Send to would be ok though cumbersome.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Puffin browser won't add photos.
3 Replies
0 Likes