Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Saving video from dropbox app to iphone camera roll

Level 2

I have been trying to save a video i made in aftereffects to my iphone. Now i tested previous aftereffects files and have been able to export them as a mp4 and then upload to dropbox and then acces them from the app on my phone and then save them to my camera roll. But this time i cant seem to save any new videos to my phone and keep getting the message 'sorry, this type of video cannot be saved to this device'

Any ideas how to fix this?

Tags (2)
7 Replies

Re: Saving video from dropbox app to iphone camera roll

Dropboxer

Hey there @mrdingbat  - sorry to hear about this.

To begin with, how large is the file in question? Can you forward me a screenshot of the exact error message you get so I can get a better view of the matter at hand too?

Last but not least, could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account? To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Navigate to the “Personal” tab
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
3. Select “Clear Cache”. 

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Let me know the results!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Photo 19-06-2019, 12 28 32.jpg

Level 2

i have looked at both videos the ones i can save to my phone and the ones i cant. the ones i can are saved as MB, where as the ones i cant save to my phone are saved as KB. I have no idea why its saved as KB how do i correct this. Could this be the reason? 

Dropboxer

How were those videos taken in the first place @mrdingbat? Can you preview them normally on our website at https://www.dropbox.com?

Note that if you were editing them through a 3rd party app, this application would be the one responsible for saving the file (and therefore its size). Have you checked with Adobe to see if this is caused by their app? 

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

i have uploaded it again and it is showing as 0.96MB and im able to watch it on my computer fine and on my phone fine. But when i try to save it to my phone it comes up with the error

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @mrdingbat!

I've sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a further look into this. Take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

In the meantime, can you confirm that you followed my initial suggestion about clearing the cache? 

Walter

Dropboxer
Hi @mrdingbat, I just wanted to follow up here and see if you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

If you were, could you let us know the steps you followed and what did the trick for you?

Thanks in advance! grinning face

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Saving video from dropbox app to iphone camera roll
7 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post