Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Suddenly navigation arrows no longer visible

Level 6

Hi, DB gurus, it seems my problem is a recurring one but I wasn't able to find a definitive answer...

I have been using DB to upload at least 16 pictures per day for more than one year, everything worked fine until last week when suddenly I can't see the navigation arrows anymore.

I'm on Mac High Sierra V 10.13.5 and both Chrome and Safari are updated to the last version and show the same behavior.

From time to time, after a page refresh the arrows appear but they do not update the picture even though they do change the picture number.

Any hints? Many thanks in advance

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Suddenly navigation arrows no longer visible

Dropboxer

Hey there Simon ( @simon_schva) - this sounds indeed peculliar. 

Can you please bear with me and go through some basic troubleshooting steps so as to identify what could be causing this behavior?

First off, thanks for sharing all the troubleshooting you've done on your own - way to go! Secondly, and to help see into this issue, can you please let me know if this is persistent on another browser other than the ones you used already or an incognito window/Private Browsing mode? Another thing you could give a shot is clearing your browser's cache. 

Let me know if this persists and I will make sure to get back to you via email in order to have a more in depth look into this with all of my tools available.

Thank you in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 6

@Walter thanks for the quick response. Chrome incognito and Safari Private did the trick, but you would agree with me that this is a (good) work around instead of a solution.

Clearing the cache does not solve the problem at first but after a second attempt it works.

You can watch a short clip at the link below showing the behavior

no arrows

Regards

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update on the matter @simon_schva - glad to hear this helped ( even as a mere work-around)!

Since you mention that you didn't notice this behavior on an incognito window or while private browsing, I would suggest that you restored your browser(s) to its default settings and disable any browser plugins since the issue you're experiencing may be the result of a plugin that you have installed on your browser or a security setting on your browser.

Should you find that this persists, by all means go ahead and log a ticket with our support team to let them know about this. Make sure to mention this thread so I can easily track it in our system or if you'd be so kind provide me with the ticket ID. If you find any difficulties doing this, let me know and I'll reach out to you directly to the email address you use for your Community profile.

Thanks!

[EDIT: Thanks for the helpful screencast too]

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 6

@

Ticket #8105224: DB: Suddenly navigation arrows no longer visible

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @simon_schva!

I have located your ticket and had an agent work on it - their reply should be reaching you soon so please refer back to your email at your earliest convenience. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Walter

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Suddenly navigation arrows no longer visible
5 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post