cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Photos page is changing...

The Photos page is changing...

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I've just seen the banner that says "The Photos page is changing on 30 June 2017 but your pictures will stay safe in your Dropbox account. Learn more". The gist is that they are removing the final remants of the Carousel functionality - which makes me wonder what the point was in purchasing it in the first place:

"After that date, you’ll no longer be able to create or share albums on the web, or browse photos in the current timeline view. However, all your photos will remain safe in your Dropbox account."

Even funnier, it says:

"Creating a better photos experience

We’re continuing to work on new photos and file experiences on dropbox.com. As we learn more about how our users prefer to work with photos, we’ll launch improvements to the experience."

With these changes there will be no photos experience that is any different to normal files. If they remove camera uploads, that would be the last straw for me and I'll be moving to a different service.

302 Replies 302

Anthony A.25
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I recently moved all of my personal and business accounts from Dropbox to Amazon Cloud Drive. It’s less expensive and Amazon Photos is pretty good. I’m happy to be fully migrated away from Dropbox at this point.

alphachannel
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox is no longer a place to store your photos and videos. For someone like me who has kids, and 50,000+ photos of them between myself and my wife (not an exageratino), moving all that to another service is daunting. The other options have their pros and cons; Google is free but they violate your privacy and use your photos to enhance their own product offering, iCloud is great but you're locked into Apple's eco system and you have to download and reupload every photo! For me, that took weeks and Comcast charged me for blowing my data cap. 

Alternatively, you can try something like www.planetjuno.com - no privacy violation, no using your data to enhance a product, no being locked into an ecosystem, and you can just migrate your DropBox stuff over the cloud. And they have sleek mobile apps for iOS and Andriod. 

M S.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Planetjunu..... you mean the old photowrangler?  That one service you keep jabbering on about?  Just changed names huh.

Just....  Stop.....

You obviously have some sort of stake in this company and to mask as just some rando at this point is disengenuous.  

Planetjuno: 

Version history (don't see any)? 

$10 month for 250GB?

$50 a month for 500GB?  Does anyone else think this is way too expensive?  This is not the top tier plan either which is $300 A MONTH WITH OVERAGE CHARGES STILL APPLICABLE!

WTF is a bandwidth overage charge (and is it really Gb or GB)?  Could your internet go too fast for the service and get a speeding ticket?  Will too many people click a link to your site and crash it?

As a family man, who needs all my own 50,000 videos and photos of my kids, I will not pay $300 a month for 1TB. 

Unless this is being used for your business and it's a tax writeoff I can't see how $3600, annually, is going to fix my experience.  In fact it may become so poor my whole family will suffer. 

This product is for a select group of individuals and not some average "Dad" who just needs to save his family's videos and photos in the cloud and wants to share them.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

M S.1 Collaborator | Level 9
    alphachannel Helpful | Level 6
    Anthony A.25 Helpful | Level 6
    PlanetJuno New member | Level 2
    Darren S.1 Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?