cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
The Dropbox Community is looking for feedback from you! Sign up to be a part of our customer panel here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing old files by re-subscribing to Dropbox

Accessing old files by re-subscribing to Dropbox

AliLucy
New member | Level 2

Good morning, If I re-subscribe to Dropbox, will I be able to access the old files I had on my Dropbox account prior to cancelling my subscription?  I was a Dropbox member for about 7 years when I had to cancel my subscription.  I need files that were part of my Dropbox when I was a paying customer.  Will I be able to access those files by re-subscribing?  Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@AliLucy wrote:

If I re-subscribe to Dropbox, will I be able to access the old files I had on my Dropbox account prior to cancelling my subscription?

If your account still exists then your files would still be in it. Unsubscribing from a paid plan (back to a Basic, free plan) does not delete files. That said, if you haven't accessed the account for more than a year then it would have been deleted due to inactivity. Once an account is deleted, neither the account nor the files can be recovered. Signing back up with a new account under the same email address will just give you a new, empty account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?