cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice on deleting an account?

Any advice on deleting an account?

dropkickthisbox
New member | Level 2

Can anyone suggest a way to delete my dropbox account? My personal gmail account is tied to a shared account at a company I haven't worked for in years, but I can't delete my account, I can't change my login, I can't contact support because I am not an admin on a paid account, the chatbot is garbage, and I have no way to get my email address out of dropbox's clingy hands.

Here are the details to know about my experience:

1) It is linked to my personal gmail account.

2) I don't have the dropbox password since I use google to login.

3) I am associated (in some unclear way) with my former employer's account. No I do not want to connect with my former employer to resolve this. 

4) I have no idea what kind of account my employer's account is. I have not been able to determine what type of account they have and I don't think I should need to know anything about that account as it is NOT MINE and I don't use it. I just want to disconnect my gmail from this other account.

5) I have nothing saved to my personal account.

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dropkickthisbox, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask if you're getting any errors when trying to delete your account or change the email address that's associated with it? 

Apart from that, can you please let us know if you can see Dropbox listed in your Google account's connected apps to remove it from there instead? 

Also, can you clarify what is reported in your plan tab exactly and how is the account connected to your previous employer? 

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?