cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Banned links or temporarily disabled links

Banned links or temporarily disabled links

Nick T.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm new to Dropbox. It's about 1 week.
I have uploaded soccer game videos to share with parents & players.
Yesterday, shortly after uploading the 3rd of 3 games.
My links all got banned. I managed to lift the ban.

Shortly after, my links got temporarily disabled again.
When will this temporary ban be lifted??
how can I prevent this from happening?

19 Replies 19

Giangi H.
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

The real problem is that DB doesn't answer to support ticket... I have opened mine 13 days ago and still no answers... 😞

DB is good as long as one doesn't have a problem, because then a nightmare starts...

Sanjay Rucan T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

My links are banned for about 3 days now. I intentionally waited hoping that it'll be fixed after 24 hours basing from my readings here but still not working. And with this, I'd like to file a ticket so that DB can at least take a look at my case and at least I can have some guidance or a resolution.

So, I've been trying to figure out how to create a ticket for the past hour however, it seems to be in a loop.

May I please ask for guidance.

Thanks in advance!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Initial bans are 72 hours (which could go across 4 days depending upon when the ban starts). 

You can log a ticket ask has been stated and following the prompts, or, if not relevant choosing 'Get help with other issue' where relevant.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tornyi D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I do not know where or whom to write. I tried support, but they never replied. My links were banned in the summer - sometimes in June. I deleted all my shared files, but the problem still remains. Nothing changed in nearly 3 months. What should I do?

Dénes

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I tried support, but they never replied.

How did you contact them? If you didn't open a ticket, you need to do so. Only Support can assist you with this. If you had opened a ticket, track it on Zendesk.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Tornyi D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, I tried Zendesk and my ticket was marked as solved by nobody - there is no name, just a [-] sign. Maybe I will try it again.

Tornyi D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Update! I wrote another ticket, waited a few days and received an automatic answer which redirected me here. On dropbox.zendesk.com my problem is marked as closed and solved by nobody - a dash is written there. I am really upset about the whole thing! At least they could told me to [censored], but nooo, they just used a robot to answer to my question.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Please watch your language or your post could be removed, or your account suspended. Thank you.

my problem is marked as closed and solved by nobody

Reopen the ticket.

macxb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I ran into the same problem, but by deleting ALL of my links the ban was removed in seconds.

Hope this helps!

daniel t.37
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

if the recipient chooses to click on it multiple times, how is it the fault of the sender. Plus I'm sure its a false positive. My dropbox files are small. For anything large, I will use wetransfer instead. So someone probably has to click on it thousands of times or due to system retrying and again something not the fault of the sender. 

Plus it doesn't state which link is banned. How do you expect us to rectify it?

Need more support?