cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a refund for a recent charge?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

493 Replies 493

Stephen Konrad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi there I have been charged £200 today for drop box I do not use drip box and I would like to delete it. It has took money out that I don it have. How do I reclaim?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @stephen Konrad, how are you today? 

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. Reply back as soon as possible, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

plh
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I no longer use the drop as a significant part of my job. I got a message from dropbox saying that my credit card for payment was about expired and I didn't notice the billing date. Yet, I was charged the annual fee on 11/19, and I downgraded my account to free. In this case, can I still get the full refund as it's only three days since they posted the payment? Thank you. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@plh wrote:

... I didn't notice the billing date. Yet, I was charged the annual fee on 11/19 ... can I still get the full refund as it's only three days since they posted the payment?

You can try contacting Support, but typically Dropbox does not offer refunds.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Richard H.44
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Could the Linux users have a refund, please? I know Dropbox's other services provide a lot of value, but I do not use them. I only use(d) Dropbox to sync between my Linux desktop and laptop. I completely understand if Linux users are not a Dropbox priority, but I would like a refund if I cannot use the service I bought.

TraceyW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Has anyone been able to secure a refund for wrongly being charged each month for a free Basic plan

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @TraceyW, and welcome aboard the forum!

If there are recurring charges, it means that there’s a paid subscription. If you log in to your Dropbox account and you see that you’re on a Basic plan, then it’s quite possible that there’s another paid account linked to a different email address. 

Can you please clarify if the charges you keep receiving are in-app (either from Google Play or iTunes) or direct Dropbox ones? 

Please let me know and we’ll check this further.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TraceyW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I cant see how there could be another paid account as I have only ever opened this one. I only joined in Nov 2020 as it was the only way to access pictures purchased form a photographer. This is all I have ever used Dropbox for and when I logged in can see I am on the free Basic plan and have used 1.1MB.

TraceyW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have sent a request to the support team and have received an email with a ticket number

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @TraceyW, sorry to jump in here, but could you share your ticket ID so that we can locate it in our system? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?