cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can not redeem Dropbox plus license key bought from Amazon

Can not redeem Dropbox plus license key bought from Amazon

frugalman
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Update:

Just have the future readers of this post know my issue has been solved. It took 2 days to solve it through email communication and here was timeline:

Day 1. File a complaint like this one. Walter, Dropbox support, promptly replied me on the same day and asked for the following info, which I replied immediately:

Could you please provide us with the following information so we can troubleshoot this further?

• The name of the reseller that your purchased the license key from
  • The license key (this is a 25-character code provided to you by the reseller)
  • The currency used to purchase your license key

Day 2. Walter told me, "I have just sent your request to a member of my team who specializes in this kind of issue. They'll review it carefully, and get back to you as soon as possible.". In about half an hour, James, Advanced Dropbox support, replied, "I've reviewed the provided keys and have, in return provided you with one 36 month key below. This will allow you to utilize your Dropbox Plus 2TB subscription for a total of 3 years, the equivalent of the keys that you initially purchased. ". I immediately tried and the new key works! Problem solved.

Overall, I am satisfied with the response speed but feel it a little awkward to reach customer service through such forum post... Guess they want to reveal the cases so people can follow in future. However, back to my specific case, as you seen, knowing how it will happen won't help you a lot. You still need email communications to solve the issue. I still think a dedicated and direct communication between customers and CSR is more a straightforward way. Anyway, wish Dropbox can figure out a permanent solutions soon so people won't have to rely the path above to solve their issue.

==========================

Issue:

My Dropbox Plus subscription expired today. As I did in the past few years, I tried to redeem one of the license keys that I bought in the past. To my surprise, I got the error message, "That license key has been invalidated. If you’re having trouble, please contact support". I paste a screenshot below.

I have renewed my subscription in this way for the past few years and it was always successful until this time. The license keys (I have three) that I tried today was shipped and sold by Amazon.com (not any third party vendor) in 2019. Here are more details:

Item name: "Dropbox Plus - 2 TB of Storage for 1 Year (Upgrade from Dropbox Basic 2 GB) [Online Code] "

Product page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07998XCJT/ref=docs-os-doi_0

I have the order numbers ready and the license codes are still viewable in Amazon Games and Software Library.

Now question is what I shall do? Customer Service Representative, please email me if you need to know these license codes and purchase evidences. I need you to convert it to new code still redeemable at this moment.

BTW, I saw similar posts in this forum. Dropbox should have figured out a solution to handle this issue rather than having customers come here and complain (no official contact). Disappointed.

error message.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @frugalman, sorry to hear you're having issues with this and thank you for your feedback as well.

As we'd require some additional information to assist further, I just reached out via email to investigate further.

Whenever you get the chance, please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @frugalman, sorry to hear you're having issues with this and thank you for your feedback as well.

As we'd require some additional information to assist further, I just reached out via email to investigate further.

Whenever you get the chance, please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Graham
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @frugalman,

Thank you so much for updating your post with the solution. This will be really helpful to other Community member and we really appreciate you doing it! Have a great day and please do let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Need more support?