cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my old email, need to cancel subscription

Can't access my old email, need to cancel subscription

kle081
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I have 2 dropbox accounts, currently signed into one of them. I am unable to sign into my other dropbox account as the email address is from a workplace I am no longer at, I no longer have access to it. I have forgotten the password to the account and can't reset it because I don't have access to the email. I need to cancel the premium Dropbox subscription on the account and delete the account. How can I do this without having access to the email address? I have an invoice from dropbox showing the Premium monthly charge as proof that it is my account. 

96 Replies 96

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @kle081, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community!

Not to worry, I can help you cancel your subscription, even though you don't have access to the account in question.

Do you mind if I send you an email to the address of the account you have here on the Community?

Let me know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

phillsar86
Explorer | Level 3

Hi:

I have this exact same issue.  I have two dropbox accounts, one for an old work related email I no longer have access to. Can a Dropboxer please contact me to help with this? 

"I have 2 dropbox accounts, currently signed into one of them. I am unable to sign into my other dropbox account as the email address is from a workplace I am no longer at, I no longer have access to it. I have forgotten the password to the account and can't reset it because I don't have access to the email. I need to cancel the premium Dropbox subscription on the account and delete the account. How can I do this without having access to the email address?"

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @phillsar86, I'd be happy to explain!

This probably happened due to the end of our support for free teams. You can read more about that here.

Basically, in order for you to be able to pair two Dropbox accounts, you would need a personal account (Basic, Plus, Professional) and then a paid Business plan.

I hope this clarifies. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

macgrm01
Helpful | Level 5

I am so sorry to repost this same question, but have exhausted myself and all other options. They can't help me from chat. I have the same situation of a second inactive account, possibly from an old employer/ email address. I can supply the potential previous addresses, but I've changed jobs so many times that I'm not even sure which. Please, I need to stop this endless drain of $11.99 on an account I no longer use. I have tried using the "find account" interface by entering the transaction code from my bill, but this interface is not working. I've tried Chrome and Edge and always get the error "enter last 4 digits of credit card," which I have already given in that field. There is a 12-digit code on my credit card bill, but only a 10-digit code on my debit/ checking account bill, so that interface won't accept the 10-digit code anyways. I don't know which one of these codes is from my active account that I want to keep and which one is from the inactive account I want to close. This seems like a super common problem that I wish Dropbox would have some way for people to more directly resolve, rather than having to publicly bug people through the community, when instead it should just be an option pathway in "contact support." Thank you in advance for reading my message.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @macgrm01, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Would it be OK if we reach out via email to have a further look internally?

Let us know and we'll use the email address that's associated with your profile here, on our Community. 

Thanks!

PS: You should be able to log a billing ticket with our support team through this form. Just make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any Dropbox account. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

macgrm01
Helpful | Level 5
Walter, yes I would very much appreciate you contacting me. Thank you!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing @macgrm01 - you've got :envelope: 

At your convenience, please have a look at your email's inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Zeishan
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone, 

last month i bought a subscription on dropbox, November 21. now I don't remember the email address for that paid account.

i do have the card which I paid, and gmail id through which I made the payment.

please guide.

Thanks 

Rich
Super User II

@Zeishan wrote:

I don't remember the email address for that paid account.

You can use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    AnnaLewickiLong New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?