cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t cancel my Professional Trial

Can’t cancel my Professional Trial

Bab5
Explorer | Level 4
Hi. I signed up for a Professional Trial but now can’t cancel. There is no “plan” tab on the subscription page for me to choose and then make changes to. Please help, thank you!
35 Replies 35

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Bab5, unfortunately due to security reasons, I can only send you the message on the email address linked to your Community profile. 

Can you access your Community profile, by visiting our Community, then clicking on the top, right part on your avatar or initials and access your settings, just to double check your email there? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Bab5
Explorer | Level 4

When I go to dropbox.com and log in, and then click on the BB initials, it shows my correct email address (the email address where I have received all the email updates during this process - as shown in the screenshot in my previous post).

When I click on the link in your email, which takes me to dropboxforum.com, there is a blue circle at the top right (not my initials) and when I click on that and then settings there isn't anything about an email address, only my username.

I don't know how your system works, but if we can't figure this out how about just deleting the credit card information from my profile... so that there will be no card available when the time comes for dropbox to charge me at the end of my free trial???

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Bab5, the only way for this to work since you have no access to the account on your end, would be for us to contact you, or for you to open a ticket on your end with our Support.

Since you are having trouble receiving emails from us, I am assuming you have connected a different email address here in the Community. Could you maybe re-try submitting this form from an incognito tab, where you're signed out of everything? 

You can choose "other" and then provide your email address. Once you have the ticket number, you can send it over to me, so I can take over. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Bab5
Explorer | Level 4

Do you actually work for Dropbox?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

If our profile mentioned Dropboxer, then we work for Dropbox.

While I can't provide the full email address for security reasons, I can reveal it isn't a public email provider, and looks to be a business domain name. Perhaps try checking your spam folder, or with your IT admin in case it was blocked before it reached your inbox?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Bab5
Explorer | Level 4

Believe me I know the email address. It starts with A and means something rising up. There is no IT Admin. I am a one man company. I logged directly into GoDaddy so as to see the emails coming in at the source, and not just after they are "forwarded" to my Outlook email. I checked the junk mail, there is nothing there. And as I previously showed in a screenshot, I have received 19 emails --- I'm not exaggerating --- from Dropbox over the past two days. GoDaddy isn't filtering them out. But I don't get an email from you after filling out that form.

This is so ridiculously frustrating that it almost seems destined to be that my credit card gets billed and I have to refuse payment. I can't believe that there isn't a better system in place to deal with this. Is there a phone number to get a person on the phone to walk through the screens as I seem them? That is certainly what would make most sense.

Bab5
Explorer | Level 4

It seems that I have FINALLY received an email from Dropbox with a ticket number: 21225832

Please let me know if you require anything else from me to get my trial cancelled. Thank you.

Bab5
Explorer | Level 4
It seems that I have FINALLY received an email from Dropbox with a ticket number: 21225832
Please let me know if you require anything else from me to get my trial cancelled. Thank you.

After posting this message last night I received an email update saying someone had replied but when I click on the link to see their messages THERE ISN’T A REPLY. Can someone please respond again so I know what to do next? Thank you.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Bab5, sorry for jumping in here, too. 

If you check the steps outlined here, are you able to see your existing ticket perhaps, and reply back to it?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Bab5
Explorer | Level 4

Hi.

I signed in to Dropbox and went to dropbox.com/support as your message said to do... but there is nothing at all about my ticket history. It looks like this:

Bab5_0-1676991586789.jpeg

The email I received two days ago said the issue was resolved:

Bab5_1-1676992335789.jpeg

Is that true? Or are you sending me a message because something else needs to be done?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    Bab5 Explorer | Level 4
    mjx New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?