cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled but still charged

Cancelled but still charged

jeff30
New member | Level 2

I canceled my account on Sept 20, 2022, and received an email confirmation. However, I continue to be charged a monthly subscription fee. I have spent hrs trying to contact and resolve this issue but Dropbox doesn't provide an easy process to stop these wrongful payments. The Dropbox system is almost designed for this trap.  I should be able to talk live with an agent and receive a refund and cancellation. 

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome aboard our forum, @jeff30. I’m sorry to hear about this. 

Are you sure you don’t have any other Dropbox account for which you’re still being billed? If you do, then it’ll be linked to a different email address. 

Also, do the charges appear to be direct Dropbox ones, or in-app (via iTunes/Google Play)?

Keep me updated, and we’ll have a look.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Meyayay
New member | Level 2
Hi,

I have the same issue I already cancelled my subscription and got an confirmation but I was shocked when I am still charged for subscription. I wanted to get a refund as a I don't want to continue using dropbox anymore. How can I get the refund? The payment made is through google play.

Rich
Super User II

@Meyayay wrote:
I wanted to get a refund as a I don't want to continue using dropbox anymore. How can I get the refund? The payment made is through google play.

If the subscription was handled by Google, only Google can provide a refund. Dropbox doesn't have access to your payment information. You need to contact Google.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Meyayay New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?