cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Support is a paid service, but they only provide sales, not support

Chat Support is a paid service, but they only provide sales, not support

Michael S.197
Collaborator | Level 8

Dropbox advertises chat support as a paid service for Professional, Plus and Family Manager.  This is an advertised service.
https://help.dropbox.com/account-settings/customer-support-levels 

However, if you contact them (https://www.dropbox.com/support) and pursue any kind of basic syncing issue, their "Service" is to try to sell you more product. 

I have had a professional account for years. I contacted them twice with my problem (Despite having 3T of drive space for my dropbox files, my 1.9T of files won't sync to it).  When I asked the first person to stop selling me things and address the problem, they ghosted me.  The second person, when asked directly if they can provide anything other than sales "service", they directed me to the email service account. Which is a downgraded service, and not "Chat Support."

This is false advertising by dropbox.  They should adjust their page to reflect actual practice.

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II

@Michael S.197 wrote:

Dropbox advertises chat support as a paid service for Professional, Plus and Family Manager. ... This is false advertising by dropbox.

It's not a false advertisement. Chat support exists and is readily available. It sounds like you were using the Sales chat rather than Support.

Michael S.197
Collaborator | Level 8

I used the links in my post. 
When I asked the "support" person for technical support, they themselves referred me to the email support service.

Do you have a link to a non-sales support chat?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Michael S.197, thanks for reaching out to us.

Since you're on a Dropbox Professional plan, you should be able to access email and live chat support.

Can you please try through this link?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Michael S.197
Collaborator | Level 8

I'm not sure why no one reads the post.  The link I've shown that I used is the same one. 

You go to the Live Chat, and they only offer sales advice, and when you ask for technical support, they refer you to email.  They are "Chat Support" in name only - they are "Sales service" in practice.

Mark
Super User II

They shouldnt do that - to be fair chat support is shockingly poor, but, they have when I've used it at least logged a ticket on my behalf (admittedly its almost always closed without any action being undertaken but THATS another story!)

When you do try and chat @Michael S.197 do you get an email with a ticket number? I'll see if I can bump to somebody who can help as that shouldnt happen. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Michael S.197
Collaborator | Level 8

Hi, no, I'm not issued a ticket.  I'm allowed to have the chat emailed to me if I request it, but it's not automatic, and no ticket is generated.

I've concealed the service provider's identity, because it's not fair to blame the small guys when the problem is systemic.

MichaelS197_0-1671157008928.png

MichaelS197_1-1671157116930.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Can you send us a screenshot of the button you click to start the chat please? This does look like Sales chat.

Also, make sure to double-check that you're logged in to the correct Dropbox account.

Otherwise, we can happily try to assist you here on the Community, if you'd like to share more info about the issue you're having.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Michael S.197
Collaborator | Level 8

MichaelS197_1-1671207708109.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Michael S.197, it does seem you were speaking with a sale agent previously, and not a support agent, as I'm not able to locate any ticket ID on our system under your current Dropbox account. Did you get a ticket ID from the automated email sent from when you communicated with the agent?

If you try to submit a chat request from that specific page in the image you provided again, are you able to get in contact with a support agent? What about if you choose email support instead, which should also be an option for Dropbox Professional plans?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Michael S.197 Collaborator | Level 8
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?