cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Access Error

Customer Service Access Error

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

We have a Dropbox Business Plan with several licenses but the Dropbox customer service website incorrectly says we have a Basic plan and will not let us open an email ticket or show us the telephone number. Everything worked last week when we opened a ticket. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have the Dropbox phone number?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@netsquire wrote:

Well, it looks like Dropbox fixed the problem. All the support options are back.

It appears so. This wasn't an issue specific to you. If I had to guess it was affecting everyone (multiple accounts for me, plus others that I know of) and I brought it to Dropbox's attention this morning and they had someone working on it. I'm on a Professional plan and it was showing Basic for me as well.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @netsquire, I'm sorry to see that you're having issues contacting our support team.

Are you still having this issue? And if so, is it possible that you were actually logged in to the wrong account?

What does your plan page here report and if you go to this page, do you see the email address that you're using for your Business account?

Otherwise, we'd be happy to try and assist you from here, if you'd like to give us more info on your issue.

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vvsstein
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same issue - July I was in contact with Dropbox on the chat, but that option has dissapeared and there's no way of contacting Dropbox. What company gives 0 option for contact??

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @vvsstein! You can see all of your support options here (chat is currently available for paid subscriptions). 

If you chatted in July with our support team, and you’re still on a paid plan, you should be able to reach out to them the same way.

Let me know, if that helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vvsstein
Explorer | Level 4

Exactly, I should be able to, but I'm not, and without any support from DB, then I can't even contact them to find out why they are not offering me support when I'm paying. 

Rich
Super User II

@vvsstein wrote:

Exactly, I should be able to, but I'm not ...

@Nancy

There seems to be a problem with the Support page. I'm logged in to my Professional account but the Support page is reporting that I'm a Basic user, and only shows the support options available to a Basic user.

4c15b76530abee952518ca562001ba8d.png

This is showing on multiple browsers (cache cleared), on multiple computers from two different locations/ISPs.

Edit: I've notified someone within Dropbox. They're looking into it.

AAN-cit
Explorer | Level 4

I can't seem to reach support anymore. My account is a Team admin and in Billing I see we're still at Dropbox Standard (click on avatar > Settings > Plan) which is supposed to include live chat and phone support during your local business hours (9:00am–5:00pm, Monday–Friday). During business hours local time I go to https://www.dropbox.com/get_help. Here it says:

Your support options

Your basic plan includes access to our Help Center, Community and Dropbot. Unlock more support options with our premium plans.

Are we on Basic or Standard? How do I get support!? Is anyone else having trouble getting support today?

AAN-cit
Explorer | Level 4

I contacted another admin in our org and she's seeing support options at the Dropbox support page. It looks like the problem is just with my account. This is a problem because I'm the primary admin and I really don't want to be bothering other people to get to support.

I'm lucky that we had another admin. I've worked with my colleague to open a support case on my inability to reach support from my account. This is really poor support if I can't even get help when I need it.

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

We have a Dropbox Business Plan. It's a Legacy plan but we pay hundreds of dollars per year so we are entitled to customer service.

Yes I see my email address on that page. This is the only way I use Dropbox. I have no other accounts. We have been customers since 2017. Like I said I was able to open a ticket last week for a sync problem. Customer service stopped responding perhaps because of this error. We solved the sync problem on our own by re-linking and re-downloading everything.

We also use the Dropbox API, which is further proof that we have a paid Business plan.

We will probably cancel our plan before it renews and then start a new plan using one of your current options because there's no way to switch from Legacy to Current and we need to be able to contact customer support.

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

We also use the Dropbox API, which is further proof that we have a paid Business plan.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Laureline Community Manager
    robin712 New member | Level 2
    AAN-cit Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?