cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting my Account

Deleting my Account

Pippan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I delete my Dropbox account, do the files I have on it go to the Finder on my computer or are they deleted permanently. 

Also, if I have a basic plan, I can't back up my files on my computer, so where do, my files go. Will all my hard work be lost?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

When you delete your account any files not already on your computer harddrive would be deleted and unrecoverable. So, before deleting make sure you have downloaded EVERYTHING

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

When you delete your account any files not already on your computer harddrive would be deleted and unrecoverable. So, before deleting make sure you have downloaded EVERYTHING

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ranjeetchauhan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Meri is email id per yah number update kar do Jo main de raha hun is per OTP nahin a Raha [removed per Community Guidelines]
Mubil number [removed per Community Guidelines]
Please

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ranjeetchauhan!

Can you share with me more details on your issue, so that I can take a look? Are you being prompted to enter a one-time code perhaps and you’re having trouble with that?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    ranjeetchauhan New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?