cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox - Apple Pay

DropBox - Apple Pay

Bongoloid24
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I change my credit card for applepay, DropBox didnt manage to take the monthly payment, I deleted my old card and entered my new card in teh hope that DropBox could take the monthly fee. That did not work, I could not use a credit card payment as I had purchased DB from my phone, I had to use Apple Pay. I could not take a monthly plus subscription as DB said I already had one. To see if I could close that issue I purchased a yearly subscription last month and DB started to work again, now the monthly payment has been attempted again on my old card (which is not there anymore) and has failed, so DB has downgraded me to basic. However I already have a years subscription, so when I try to upgrade DB says it cannot as I have a live subscription, but because teh monthly payment failed, they downgrade me.... HELP   There are no humans to talk to only a chatbot or some guy in sales who knows nothing

Bongoloid24_0-1669610775726.png

I have the live subscription, and Apple will not refund as they say DB has got the payment, however DB say no payment has been made and will not allow me access to my account. To solve this today and to allow access to my vault I have taken the free trial with teh hope that DB will work this out within 30 days, does anyone have a contact number as nobody responds to e-mails and the auto submission for Applepay keeps sending me back to Apple, which is no use, I need to speak to DB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bongoloid24
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Jay

Subscription was on the mobile app. The update is that Apple have acknowledged that DropBox cannot see the registration and have refunded me.

The solution is to remove Apple Pay as my payment method, and enter into a trial for 30 days, then re-enter my credit card in the DropBox site on my MacBook (not on a mobile device) ........await the trial to expire, at which point DropBox will start to charge me monthly if I don't cancel.

To say this was overly complicated is an understatement, but lesson is not to use this on a mobile to make payments, only use your PC or MacBook

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Bongoloid24, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just for clarification, was the annual subscription made directly on the Dropbox site or via the mobile app?

Do you see any subscriptions on this page on your account? According to your bank statement, were any payments taken by Dropbox, iTunes or Google Play?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Bongoloid24
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Jay
It was on the mobile app. The only option that was given to me was Apple Pay on the mobile as that was where I made the original purchase. I have a credit card payment for the exact amount to Apple Pay on my credit card statement and I have an Apple Pay receipt for the payment to Dropbox

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you try these steps to restore the purchase on your mobile app?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Bongoloid24
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Jay

Subscription was on the mobile app. The update is that Apple have acknowledged that DropBox cannot see the registration and have refunded me.

The solution is to remove Apple Pay as my payment method, and enter into a trial for 30 days, then re-enter my credit card in the DropBox site on my MacBook (not on a mobile device) ........await the trial to expire, at which point DropBox will start to charge me monthly if I don't cancel.

To say this was overly complicated is an understatement, but lesson is not to use this on a mobile to make payments, only use your PC or MacBook

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bongoloid24 Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?