cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
The Dropbox Community is looking for feedback from you! Sign up to be a part of our customer panel here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred during upgrade

Error occurred during upgrade

Jacqui Bee
Explorer | Level 4

Hi!
First time using this Dropbox support service so hopefully I can explain well enough what is happening.
I have had a Dropbox (free account) for years but recently I went on holiday and my friends all posted videos and photos (6.81GB total). Today I tried to upgrade to the 30 day free trial (3TB) but kept getting told there was an error so I cannot access the Benidorm folder. I’ve deleted a lot of old photos and videos from my folder and my account says 81.88GB are free (which seems plenty to me for the Benidorm holiday folder but maybe I’m misreading digits or something) Can anyone help me understand why the error occurred ? I deleted the app and refreshed but the same error happens again :’(

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jacqui Bee, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community today!

Would you mind giving me a bit more info on what the error message was? If you could send a screenshot, that'd be great too.

And did it happen during the process of upgrading to the Professional trial, so you couldn't get the trial at all?

Or did it occur when you tried to add the shared folder to your account?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jacqui Bee
Explorer | Level 4
Hiya Hannah
Thanks for getting back to me.
I took a screenshot but don’t know how to send it via here. I can’t see the option to send an image.. hmm..

The error message says “you don’t have enough space for the 6.89GB Benidorm folder (which my friends have shared with me) as your account only has 1.89GB left.
It seems like the error occurs when I try to apply the “free 2TB trial” as it does not add the new (increased) amount of data to my account even though my “free trial” has already started today and will cease on 7th august 2022..

Any ideas why the error keeps occurring ? I already screenshot another message where it simply states “error occurred during upgrade. Please contact support” 😕

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update here, Jacqui!

You should be able to upload a screenshot when using a computer. There's a camera icon, when you click on the 'reply' button.

But can you please tell me where you're seeing these errors? On our website?

Also, if you go to the plan tab in your account settings, do you see that you're on a Dropbox Professional trial or do you see that you're on a free account?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Jacqui Bee Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?