cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Family Plan Invite: 'An error occurred'

Family Plan Invite: 'An error occurred'

OTFM-BC
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Greetings, all! I've been through the community posts, Googled, searched Reddit, etc....no luck so far on this one. I've received an invite to a Dropbox Family Plan, but when I try to accept the invite using the "Join" button, it gives me a vague exception at the bottom of the screen: "An error has occurred. Please contact your family manager for help." But I'm on the phone with my family manager, and he doesn't see anything useful on his side.

I've gone through the Troubleshooting on the help site (https://help.dropbox.com/plans/troubleshoot-family-plan), but none of those things seem to apply to my account or this situation. I've tried multiple browsers, with/without VPN, cleared cookies, etc. No joy. 

Ideas?

18 Replies 18

OTFM-BC
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

UPDATE: my problem has been resolved. Unfortunately, I don't know how, nor the root cause. It got addressed by somebody at Dropbox through a service ticket raised by my Family Manager. They didn't specify what the problem was, only said that it was fixed and asked us to re-test. It worked, so I'm closing this.....but I know that's not very satisfactory for other people facing the same issue. The best I can tell you is to have your Family Manager raise a ticket!

xiki
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thanks.Another profession have solved the problem.

heir1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for making this post!

I had the exact same issue around the same time you did, so I linked to your post when I contacted support. 

MichP
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having the same issue, i've logged out of all other account, even tried to delete the account I set up to accept the invite to Family plan. I can't find where to get actual help from Dropbox support????

MichP
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

How did you contact support?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to see you're having this issue, @MichP.

Is it possible for the Family Manager to delete their invite and re-invite you, to see if that helps?

If not, let us know and we'll happily send you an email, so we can look into what's wrong on the backend.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MichP
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks @Hannah for your reply. I was re sent the invite to join and that's fixed it. thanks. 🙂

leadorfn2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,
I'm having this same problem with an invitee to my family plan - email [removed as per Community Guidelines]
Can you help?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @leadorfn2, and thanks for posting here.

Please note that we don’t have any account visibility on the forum.

Is this user that you mention on an in-app subscription perhaps, or do they have any other add-ons activated on their Dropbox account? 

Also, if there’s any chance you’ve already opened a support ticket, please send me your ticket number here.

Thanks!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?