cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Family Plan and existing accounts

Family Plan and existing accounts

LeoNot
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Am considering upgrading our non-profit from a Pro to a Family plan.

IF I invite someone with an existing Basic account (I'm assuming a new account isn't required), what happens to the files they already have stored in their basic account. Do they get merged into a single account, or does their account remain separate, just with the added features?

The issue is that we're sharing folders with >2GB of data, so the basic folks keep getting out of space notices. All I'm really trying to do is get them to count against our 2TB  quota.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@LeoNot wrote:

IF I invite someone with an existing Basic account ... what happens to the files they already have stored in their basic account.

Their account remains exactly as it is now, but they gain access to the Family Room share and any other features that are included.

1. https://help.dropbox.com/plans/dropbox-family-faqs

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@LeoNot wrote:

IF I invite someone with an existing Basic account ... what happens to the files they already have stored in their basic account.

Their account remains exactly as it is now, but they gain access to the Family Room share and any other features that are included.

1. https://help.dropbox.com/plans/dropbox-family-faqs

LeoNot
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Excellent. Thank you for the pointer.

Need more support?