cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Re: Frustration that can not speak to anyone - unauthorized charge on credit card from dropbox.

Frustration that can not speak to anyone - unauthorized charge on credit card from dropbox.

kgereg
New member | Level 2

This is so frustrating.  I have a charge from dropbox on my credit card.  I have NO idea how this happened but need to have it reversed and stopped ($127).  There is no number to talk with someone directly and when I try to submit a request through links provided in this community I keep getting asked for an account which I don't have or know about.  How do I reach someone? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Frustration that can not speak to anyone - unauthorized charge on credit card from dropbox.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @kgereg, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear about this.

@ZAGG is spot on here, but I'll be happy to have a further look into this matter, if you're still having issues with identifying the charge. 

Just let me know here, and I'll reach out via the email address that's connected to your profile here, on our Community. 

In the meantime, you can use our self-served look up tool if you'd like to verify the email address that's associated with the charge in question.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

ZAGG
Helpful | Level 6

I highly suggest speaking with your bank any time there are unauthorized charges on your credit card.

Dropbox might be able to eventually help you settle this issue, but there may be other worse problems if someone has your card information.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @kgereg, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear about this.

@ZAGG is spot on here, but I'll be happy to have a further look into this matter, if you're still having issues with identifying the charge. 

Just let me know here, and I'll reach out via the email address that's connected to your profile here, on our Community. 

In the meantime, you can use our self-served look up tool if you'd like to verify the email address that's associated with the charge in question.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

kgereg
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the comments to my request in the community!  I did call my Visa/Bank company - good suggestion.  I also used the LIVE CHAT option in the dropbox contact section and was able to get someone to help with this issue.  I was trying to speak to someone in person but could not find a phone number.  The LIVE CHAT worked out and Jade was able to cancel my service.  I still do not know how I was signed up for this service but I did get a satisfactory result.  I will call my Visa company to make sure that the service was cancelled and $ refunded. 

Shingai
Explorer | Level 4
I’m having the same issue, Dropbox has been charging me for over 6 months, I have cancelled the subscription and the proof is in the fact that on your website I cannot call someone because It tells me I am not a paying customer. So which is it? You take my money but don’t give me access to the support team? And then I can’t complain so you keep taking money from an account that’s already cancelled? Are you guys ok?

Nancy
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about the situation, @Shingai

In general, Dropbox provides phone support, if you’re on a paid Business subscription, not for personal plans. 

However, can you please let me know if you received any kind of confirmation after cancelling your plan? 

Also, was it a direct Dropbox plan or an in-app subscription via the App Store/Play Store instead? 

Let me know, and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

elizabeth giddens
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same issue.  Been charging for years.  Were you able to reach someone?

Need to cancel subscription

elizabeth giddens
Explorer | Level 4

I have multiple drop box accounts.  Set up account years ago and dropbox is charging both me and my husband $12.78 per month and we don't use or want these subscription.  He cancelled subscription on his phone and he continues to be charged.  I don't know my account log in info to cancel mine.  Therefore, I have instructed credit card company to no longer pay these unauthorized charges.  Would appreciate drop box contacting me to confirm cancellation of subscriptions

Re: Need to cancel subscription

elizabeth giddens
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox has been charged my family nearly $1000.  We do not need or want subscription.  Please contact me to confirm cancellation of subscription.

Re: Cancel Subscription

elizabeth giddens
Explorer | Level 4

I need to cancel my subscription.  The email associated with the account is an old email which I no longer have access and am unable to log in to cancel.

Need more support?