cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges?

Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges?

New member | Level 2

Help! I need a phone number for customer support, I keep getting a charge for $18.07 every month, I don’t know what email was used because this is fraud on my card! I never signed up for this account, I have no use for it. I need these charges to stop!

56 Replies 56

Rich
Super User II

@jdavis2023 wrote:

I received a charge on my credit card statement.  I do not have a paid plan with Dropbox.  I do not know what this charge is for.  I have tried to use the card lookup tool but that isn't working.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Vicelord
New member | Level 2
Dropbox has been taking money from me for sometime now with unauthorized transactions. But this morning I was charged 199.00 for a subscription that’s not even showing up on my App Store.

Rich
Super User II

@Vicelord wrote:
Dropbox has been taking money from me for sometime now with unauthorized transactions.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

lavelhicks
Explorer | Level 3
I’ve been getting charged for this account for over a year and I never even signed up for it

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lavelhicks , sorry to hear about this!

Can you use our payment lookup tool, to find out which email address is associated with the subscription?

Is it bringing up your own email address or an address you don't know?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lavelhicks
Explorer | Level 3
It’s associated with my email…every contact number I’ve tried to call or support group has been no response or solution

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in here @lavelhicks !

I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

JosephHenryM
New member | Level 2

Hi... I downgraded my account one year ago from Pro to basic (free).  On May 15 of this year, about a year after my downgrade in 2022, I was charged $127.37 ...... I'm only on/using the free/basic plan and am not sure why I was charged this amount. My current account only shows it as a free/basic account.  How do I get a refund and stop DropBox from continuing to charge me in the future?

JosephHenryM
New member | Level 2

The charge is listed as Dropbox [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JosephHenryM, I hope you're doing well! 

Feel free to have a look at Rich's response here. That should help you identify where the charge is coming from, and how to proceed. 

If you have any questions, I'm here! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Craziluv New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Sbaking New member | Level 2
    Subs1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?