cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges?

Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges?

New member | Level 2

Help! I need a phone number for customer support, I keep getting a charge for $18.07 every month, I don’t know what email was used because this is fraud on my card! I never signed up for this account, I have no use for it. I need these charges to stop!

56 Replies 56

itsmyrealtor
New member | Level 2

DROPBOX CHARGES PREVIOUS ACCOUNT HOLDERS WHO HAVE CANCELLED THIER subscription, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

MY BANK ALSO NOTICED THEY USE A DIFFERENT NAME TO CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU HAVE FILLED A CLAIM WITH YOUR BANK.

NO ONE IS AVAILABLE TO TALK TO AND THEY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT THEM BECAUSE THEY KNOW PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET THIER MONEY BACK.

THE FEDERAL TRADE DIVISION NEEDS TO BE notified 

Rich
Super User II

@itsmyrealtor wrote:

NO ONE IS AVAILABLE TO TALK TO AND THEY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT THEM ...

You can easily contact Dropbox for billing issues.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

itsmyrealtor
New member | Level 2

I CONTACTED MY BANK BECAUSE ON YOUR SUPPORT FAQ, IT SAID CONTACT YOUR BANK FOR A CHARGEBACK. 

THEY ALSO TOLD ME TO WATCH MY ACCOUNTS BECAUSE DROPBOX FREQUENTLY USES DIFFERENT NAMES TO CHARGE BANK ACCOUNTS WHEN THE CUSTOMER HAS FILED A DISPUTE.

itsmyrealtor
New member | Level 2

WHY DOESNT DROPBOX WANT TO TALK TO CUSTOMERS? WHY DON'T THEY HAVE REAL SUPPORT? I SEARCHED THE WEBSITE AND THE MOBILE APP AND NONE OF THEM HAD THE A LINK TO FILE A BILLING DISPUTE.

AND YES I SIGNED OUT OF DROPBOX. 

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS COMPANY WANTS TO COLLECT MONEY AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMBERS.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @itsmyrealtor, let's jump right into this! 

Can we send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Keep us posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lavelhicks
Explorer | Level 3
I just got charged again yesterday on the ghost account that keeps getting charged on my account…

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @lavelhicks

I checked your previous ticket with Megan and I can see that it was closed due to inactivity, after she asked for some payment details and you didn’t reply back. 

If you check that ticket once more, do you see an option to re-open it perhaps? If yes, please click there, and send me your new ticket number here. 

Thanks!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

CharlotteInnerChatter
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue and am appalled at the inability to talk to anyone from Dropbox. I had a Dropbox Sign subscription which I cancelled. However, my card is still being charged for the monthly fee. When I try to access support it tells me I need a paid account to talk to anyone! This is ridiculous.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, @CharlotteInnerChatter

Since you mention you've already attempted to contact our support team, did you receive any ticket numbers that you can send me perhaps? I can take a look for you.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Governance
Explorer | Level 3

Hi All

We were billed, against our credit card for a drop box account on 14 June 2023. Our [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines] drop box account is the only drop box account we have yet it is a basic account.

I have tried to get to speak to a person in the drop box cloud and tried all manner of means through electronic communication.

This is the reason why I do not personally ever use drop box.

I am taking this last ditch effort before I get the matter investigated and get the banks to step in to get our money back.

Hopefully a real person will read this and be able to assist.

Kind regards

Maria

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Craziluv New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Sbaking New member | Level 2
    Subs1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?