cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges?

Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges?

New member | Level 2

Help! I need a phone number for customer support, I keep getting a charge for $18.07 every month, I don’t know what email was used because this is fraud on my card! I never signed up for this account, I have no use for it. I need these charges to stop!

56 Replies 56

whynosupport
Helpful | Level 5

turns out that that is a very hard ID to obtain. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @whynosupport, could you clarify what you mean in more detail? Were you able to locate your account or contact Dropbox support in order to investigate?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Subs1
New member | Level 2

I am being charged a yearly subscription for a dropbox account I do not have access to.

On my credit card bill the payment is shown being made to Dropbox but there is no transaction ID shown beside the Dropbox payment

I am looking to gain access to this dropbox account please, can someone help me this.  I have tried to use the various bot help options but they cannot help with my situation.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Subs1, thanks for posting here today! 

Just to clarify, do you wish to access the account, in order to cancel the charge? 

I'm asking, because in this case we might be able to help you with the cancellation. Can we send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Sbaking
New member | Level 2

I’ve tried over and over to get in touch with anyone to help me figure out why I have a charge for $212.13 on my credit card and how to get it reversed. I can’t find any person to talk to and even the so called support email sent me here to talk to the drop box community. Transaction ID removed

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Sbaking, no worries, I got you! 

I just created an email for you, in order to help in any way possible. 

I'll see you there, cheers! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Craziluv
New member | Level 2

In my experience you have to handle this on your own as Drop Box does not have a Customer Service center to call and the autobot can't understand. I suggest putting a new card on file and never responding to emails from Dropbox. If you aren't already committed to a plan, I'd probably choose a new platform, this happens regularly. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Craziluv New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Sbaking New member | Level 2
    Subs1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?