cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Help! I can't cancel my subscription

Help! I can't cancel my subscription

user1234567891
New member | Level 2

Dropbox are charging my card £9.99 a month and I want it to stop.

I have followed all the guides to downgrade / cancel but none of them work.

• I do not see any "Admin console" link in the menu on the left.
  • When I click Settings .. Plan - I do not see any link to cancel plan.
  • I did not purchase the subscription via a mobile device
  • The payment coming from my card directly (not via Apple)
  • the "billing" page shows regular charges each month for Dropbox plus
  • The "plans" page shows that I have Dropbox basic - but the invoices showed I was charged for Dropbox plus!
  • To add insult to injury, when I try to get help, I cannot access a live agent because "Grayed out options require a paid plan." - but I am paying!
  • The support page won't allow me to open a ticket either - I can only speak to the Bot, search the help pages, or get help here.

So in summary, I am paying for something I don't want and I can't make it stop - and I can't ask the vendor to make it stop!

16 Replies 16

Re: Help! I can't cancel my subscription

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @user1234567891, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are there any recent payments on this page within the last 30 days, to indicate an ongoing subscription?

When was the last payment taken from your bank account?

Is it possible that your account has already been downgraded to a Basic plan after a cancellation request?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Cannot cancel basic plan membership, still being charged

MW13
New member | Level 2

I have a basic plan and when I scroll down to cancel, it doesn't give me the option. It suggests on the page that if you don't see it you may have set up on mobile app - which I didn't and I don't have a dropbox mobile app. I've tried twice years ago to cancel via chat (when it was a person not a robot) and was guaranteed that it was canceled but I've been charged 11.99 a month for years. I want to cancel. This driving me crazy.

Re: Cannot cancel basic plan membership, still being charged

Rich
Super User II

@MW13 wrote:

I have a basic plan and when I scroll down to cancel, it doesn't give me the option.

You don't see the option to cancel because Basic plans are free and have no charges to cancel. If you're on the Basic plan and you're seeing a charge for Dropbox, then it's for a different account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for.

Cancel for Trial Plan

Eri Shimojima
New member | Level 2
I want to cancel the trial plan, but, I cannot find the Manage plan button in the Plan tab so cannot submit the cancel.
Would you cancel my plan instead of me?

Re: Cancel for Trial Plan

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @Eri Shimojima, how are you today? 

If you can't find the manage plan, you might be using a Basic, free plan. Could you check your Plan tab via the web and let me know what it shows?

Also, did you start your trial directly through Dropbox or Google/Apple store?

Give me a shout with any updates, thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Dropbox email addresss

Kirklands5
New member | Level 2

I have spent half an hour looking for the way to cancel my subscription, and not having found it, looking for an email address to which to communicate said deficiency. Impossible to find an email address or phone number. The Chat is also useless in these respects. Does anyone know the email address?

Re: Dropbox email addresss

Rich
Super User II

@Kirklands5 wrote:

Does anyone know the email address?

There is no email address. The support options available to you can be found on the Support page. If you have a paid account, options for live chat or to open a help desk ticket will be visible to you. Business accounts can request a callback through their admin console.

I have spent half an hour looking for the way to cancel my subscription

Where to cancel will depend on where you subscribed. If you subscribed through the Dropbox website you can cancel your subscription by signing in to your account and clicking Cancel plan on the bottom of your Plan page. If you're not seeing the option then you're either not signed in to a paid account, or you subscribed through a mobile device.

If you subscribed through an in-app purchase on a mobile device, your subscription is managed through the app store for the device and you need to cancel the subscription through the app store on the device.

The first thing I'd check though is your Plan page. What plan does it show you on? If it shows you on a Basic plan then you're signed in to a free account and you're likely paying for a different account. In that case, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for.

Can't cancel my free trial

TordaAdam
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Dropbox,

I subscribed to Professional trial on Wednesday (25 January 2023) which I would like to cancel, however I am unable to do so.

On the Subscription Management page it shows that I have Dropbox Basic, therefore, there are no options/buttons to cancel. However, on that same page I see that I have 3TB of space indicating that I do have a trial subscription. In addition, I cannot delete my account saying that I have an active subscription that I need to cancel first. Furthermore, I see that my credit card has been verified for Dropbox on 25 January. Last, but not least, when I click on Upgrade I receive a message that "You're not eligible for a Dropbox Business trial because you're currently on a Professional trial. To start a Business trial, first cancel your Professional trial." Can you please advise me how to cancel my Professional trial?

Looking forward to your answer before I get charged in a month.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Can't cancel my free trial

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @TordaAdam, happy Friday! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with cancelling your trial with Dropbox. Have you started your trial through our website or through a mobile device's app store?

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropboxer
    TordaAdam Explorer | Level 3
    nslowry New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?