cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - I can't delete my Dropbox account!

Help - I can't delete my Dropbox account!

outerspam
Explorer | Level 3
Hey everyone. I use other services but was coerced into using dropbox for a short period as other team members were
Well that time is over and I want to be entirely RID of Dropbox. Unfortunately when I go to services, general, delete, I get the tiny bar at top center of screen informing me that my username and password do not match. Huh? I logged entirely off and was then somehow able to log in with the username versus the email. I've tried changing passwords then immediately deleting account. The solution - is there is one on my end - is probably simple, just beyond me.

So please, someone - SAVE ME from this madness! Thank you!
9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @outerspam, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Are you part of a team account perhaps or are you using an individual account? 

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error you're getting when trying to delete your Dropbox account

This would help us assist further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

outerspam
Explorer | Level 3
And how on earth do I send you a screenshot?

Thanks -

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @outerspam

Before posting your reply on the forum, you should be seeing a small camera icon above your message box. If you click there, it should allow you to attach a screenshot in this thread.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

outerspam
Explorer | Level 3
Hello - Here is Walter's requested screenshot.

PS- there is no camera icon for me to attach a file with, only the blue button saying "post."

outerspam
Explorer | Level 3
FAIL!

This is second reply posted without option of attaching a file. Absolutely no camera (or other) icon shown.

Rich
Super User II

@outerspam wrote:
This is second reply posted without option of attaching a file. Absolutely no camera (or other) icon shown.

Try one more time, please. I'm pretty sure that you need to be Level 3 on the forums, which you are now, before the option appears (to prevent spammers posting images on new accounts). Look for this icon above the reply window ...

f01fb97201566179ed45d26b62914347.png

outerspam
Explorer | Level 3
I want NOTHING to do with Dropbox, yet application refuses to allow me to delete (I've already downgraded). I've now twice been told that I should see a camera icon in header... yet no camera exists.

Suffice it to say I'm PO'd to say the least. All of you people supposedly working to "help" users should be entirely ashamed of yourselves.

outerspam
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for the responses. I must also apologize for the rant last night.

By the way - in response to the camera icon in header I should add that there is no header whatsoever, simply box I am replying in and the post button below. I hope this helps and I REALLY hope to be rid of this madness today. Thank you, Todd

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @outerspam, you might not see the camera icon, if you're reaching out from a mobile device. 

Can you try accessing our Community from a computer browser, to check if you can see what Rich showed you in his screenshot?

Hopefully the screenshot will clear everything up for us, so we can assist you with your issue ASAP.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    outerspam Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?