cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel a subscription without access to the account?

How can I cancel a subscription without access to the account?

PieroNeri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Everyone, I need help to cancel a subscription made on an account of a company for which I don´t work anymore therefore I don't have access to the account anymore. The payment was on my personal bank but the account was from the company and is not active anymore. How can I get in contact with dropbox to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

87 Replies 87

mayelyn
Explorer | Level 3

We are having the same issues with our company credit card. We have 6 unauthorized accounts and don't have access to any of them. They seem to have been opened by a former employee.  Please help us cancel these accounts. 

Rich
Super User II

@mayelyn wrote:

We have 6 unauthorized accounts and don't have access to any of them. ... Please help us cancel these accounts. 

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

bcherowb
New member | Level 2

Hannah I  am in the same boat as RonH1, please contact me on [removed per Community Guidelines]

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@bcherowb, I can see our social team has logged a ticket for you. They’ll look into your case, and respond as soon as possible in the same email thread.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Laura1998
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Hannah! 

I am having the same problem! 

I have a drop box subscription from my time with a company that I am no longer with. I do not have access to the email and am therefore unable to access my account. 

I would really like to cancel my subscription. Can you please contact me or provide me with an email or phone number to call? 

thank you

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @Laura1998, happy Monday! 

Of course we can! 

I just reached out via email, in order for us to look into this together. Reply back to me as soon as possible, and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

DerekR
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Megan i need help with the exact same thing. How can we get in contact to resolve?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@DerekR, from what I can see, Hannah had opened a ticket for you back in July, but it was automatically closed as there was no response. 

Can you please follow these steps and send me your ticket number here afterwards? I’ll leave a note to our support team on your behalf, so that they can further help as soon as possible.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    DerekR Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Laura1998 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?