cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're looking to hear about your experience when using Dropbox in a web browser. What parts of Dropbox feels very slow to you and takes a lot of time to get done? What are you trying to do in the Dropbox web browser when you experience slowness? Tell us right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Re: being charged and did not sign up.

Re: I was wrongly charged. I want a refund

Mark
Super User II

You'll need to contact support: www.dropbox.com/support and ask for assistance as its an account related query including sending them the chat logs/email ref. of the reps conversation 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

being charged and did not sign up.

mgeigerman
New member | Level 2

Charged and never signed up. $119+ Please advise how to remove. Thank you

Rich
Super User II

@mgeigerman wrote:

Charged and never signed up. $119+ Please advise how to remove. Thank you

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

mgeigerman
New member | Level 2

thank you for the instructions and the issue of who charged my credit card. Need to look deeper

Request for refund and to downgrade account

deonnamonnahan
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Can someone from dropbox please contact me to help me downgrade my account to the free option and get a refund on the charge that was made 2 days ago?

Thank you,

Deonna

Re: Request for refund and to downgrade account

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey there @deonnamonnahan, I hope you're doing well! 

You can always check with our Team if a refund is possible, and also ask them to help you downgrade your account. 

In order to contact our Support, you'd need to visit this page. 

Keep me posted on the results!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?