cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much quota do I have on my account?

How much quota do I have on my account?

Caldon
New member | Level 2

I can't contact Dropbox to ask them to correct an error they made, because they don't accept contacts from Basic (free) accounts.

I had 107GB of total storage space. Consisting of 2GB free Basic account, plus 5GB provided through an annual software subscription, plus a 100GB 1 year trial offer provided through HP. The 100GB trial expired, 5-6-24, which reduced my storage to 7GB (confirmed via the Dropbox Windows app). The following day, I received an email from Dropbox saying I now have only 2GB free Basic storage. For some reason, they also deleted the 5GB of storage provided through my software subscription (which I renewed a little over a month ago, for another 1 year term). Since Dropbox refuses to accept contacts from Basic (free) account holders, I am unable to contact them in hopes that they can straighten out the error. Does anyone have an idea how I can contact Dropbox under these circumstances?

9 Replies 9

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Caldon, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The email you received wouldn't have the correct information about the exact level of quota on your account.

You'll be able to see the correct amount on this page.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Caldon
New member | Level 2

Jay, Thank you for your prompt and courteous reply.

The link you provided, shows the problem I'm experiencing. It indicates I have only 2GB of storage. It should show that I have 7GB of storage. On 4-6-2024, I entered a coupon code, provided by my Quicken subscription, which provided 5GB of storage, for a 1 year period. On that day, Dropbox indicated that I had 107GB of storage. On 5-6-2024, my 100GB of trial storage expired, leaving me with 7GB of total storage. The next day, on 5-7-2024, Dropbox shows that I now have only 2GB of storage. My 1 year of 5GB storage (that I activated on 4-6-2024) has somehow disappeared. How do I get my 1 year of 5GB storage restored?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you attach a screenshot showing the referrals page, which shows exactly when a promotional offer has been activated on your account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Caldon
New member | Level 2

Jay, Perhaps you've confused me with another support request, I never claimed to have referred anyone.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

I understand that, there's no mistake. The referrals page directly shows how much quota you've earned through referrals, and also promotional offers such as the Quicken offer.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Caldon
New member | Level 2

The Quicken promotional offer I've been using since Feb 2000 is not listed on my referral page. I have activated it every year since Feb 2000. Today, I attempted to re-submit the Dropbox coupon code provided by Quicken in hopes that it might re-establish my vanished 5GB of storage. However, when I submitted the code, Dropbox responded with "The code you entered has already been used". Btw, my Dropbox Windows app is still indicating that I have 107GB of storage. I suspect it just hasn't updated, it should be indicating 7GB.

Do you have any idea why Dropbox is no longer showing any record of the 5GB of storage Quicken has provided every year for the past 4 years? Actually, I don't know if it was ever shown on my Referrals page, because I never had a reason to look. Has Quicken dropped their Dropbox offer, but have yet to remove it from their account support page???

Attached are pics of: my Referral page; How I redeem my 5GB space via Quicken; How Dropbox replies after I today entered the coupon code provided by Quicken; My Dropbox Windows app still showing 107GB storage. I have cropped out all identifying data. If you require the identifying data, please provide an email address I can send it to.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info and the screenshots, @Caldon.

Quicken coupons also expire, though. When did you receive this coupon?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Caldon
New member | Level 2

This coupon is shown on my Quicken account management page, as of a few minutes ago. (Redacted screen shot attached)

I feel the key to my issue is that, the day following the expiration of my 100GB HP trial offer, my Dropbox storage capacity dropped by 105GB, rather than 100GB. It appears that the expiration of the 100GB HP trial offer, triggered an inadvertent removal of all offers that were applied to my Dropbox account.2024-05-08 10_01_58-Quicken — Mozilla Firefox, redacted.jpg

Jay
Dropbox Staff

It wouldn't be possible for one promotion expiry to remove another promotion entirely.

It's likely that the Quicken promotion expired at the same time, if both promotions were activated on the same date.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Caldon New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?