cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

How to cancel my friend's subscription (using my credit card but I have no password)

How to cancel my friend's subscription (using my credit card but I have no password)

qianzhen
Explorer | Level 3

hi,
I have setup an account for my friend, and  setup a 2T subscription with   my credit card

but he never used it and forget his password

how can I cancel my friend's subscription (I do have my credit card transfer record for his subscription)

thanks

16 Replies 16

Re: how to cancel my friend's subscription (using my credit card but I have no password)

Rich
Super User II

@qianzhen wrote:

how can I cancel my friend's subscription (I do have my credit card transfer record for his subscription)

The easiest way would be to have your friend reset his password, then you could sign into the account and cancel it. If you're unable to do that, then you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Re: How to cancel my friend's subscription (using my credit card but I have no password)

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @qianzhen, thanks for reaching out. 

If you have any trouble submitting a help request the way Rich suggested, let us know, so we can email you on our end.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Re: How to cancel my friend's subscription (using my credit card but I have no password)

qianzhen
Explorer | Level 3

thank @Rich @Hannah 
I have submitted the problem at billing-issues page which @Rich mentioned, leaving my email address, wish some dropboxer could contact me.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @qianzhen, do you have the ticket ID in order to locate it on the system?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

qianzhen
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry @Jay  I did not write down ticket ID (actually I have not noticed there is a ticket ID in the billing-issue web page )

Is it possible to re-submit and get a new ticket ID ?

(I have the transaction ID from my credit card, if it is useful) 

thanks for your attention

Jay
Dropboxer

Assuming you have access to the email address you used when submitting the query, you should have an email from Dropbox with the ticket ID in the subject.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

qianzhen
Explorer | Level 3

@Jay 

as said by @Rich , I submitted without signing in  (because I do not have my friend's Dropbox account password), so I have no ticket ID.

"Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in."

Rich
Super User II

@qianzhen wrote:

as said by @Rich , I submitted without signing in  (because I do not have my friend's Dropbox account password), so I have no ticket ID.

But you would have entered your email address when creating that ticket, so you still should have received an email confirming the submissions with a ticket number. Check your Inbox (and Junk) for an email from Dropbox. If you don't have one, I'd try to submit it again.

qianzhen
Explorer | Level 3

I have no password for that Email address, so I still have no ticket ID

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    qianzhen Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?