cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

Badgerman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox has taken money from my credit card account without authorisation, how do I get it back?

76 Replies 76

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @cwsteini, sorry to jump in too. 

If you check the email address that you inserted when submitting the support request, do you see a ticket number perhaps? Please make sure to check your spam folder too, in case you haven’t done so already.

If you still can’t find it, let us know and we can try to open a support ticket for you instead.

Keep me updated!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cwsteini
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Megan

So I didn't ever receive an email or ticket number, but I see that dropbox has refunded the $11.99 on my bank statement. So this has been resolved. Thank you Megan and Dropbox for your support and for resolving this super quickly I really appreciate it.

enzo950sm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have been going through my bank statements for last year, and found a charge from DropBox for 119,88Euro. This account has no credit card and should not be linked to any of the DropBox e mails we use. How can we find the related email for this, so I can double check if this is fraud 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @enzo950sm, thanks for posting to our Community.

If you have an unknown charge in your bank statement, you can use our lookup tool, to locate the email address connected to the account in question.

Let me know how it goes or if you need anything else!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

enzo950sm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Hannah - thanks for the suggestion - the charge is directly on my bank statement (and not from a credit or debit card). I tried to use one of the 12 digit alphanumeric references on the bank statement but this didnt work. I have all the information available from the bank statement, but just need to find someone that can connect this to an e mail address. any idea on who I can contact? Thanks!!!! E

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @enzo950sm, sorry to jump in here, but would it be OK if we reached out via email to have a further look internally?

Let us know and we'll use the email address that's linked to your profile here, on our Community. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

enzo950sm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For sure - please use an email and we can discuss further - that would be great!

E

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries @enzo950sm - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

EstherMartin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Please help!
Dropbox have taken £199 from my account without my knowingly authorising this. I think my husband may have downloaded one file on my phone but other than that, I have not used dropbox for ages and I certainly did not want to start paying for more storage. I am not able to pay my mortgage because I can't seem to get any response from Dropbox themselves and I just need this money back and to leave Dropbox entirely! Please help me

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Did you or your husband give Dropbox your card details? If so you need to contact them and ask for support as the charge is genuine - i.e. you did it. Thankfully due to EU rules you get a 14 day cooling off period. 

If, however, you DID NOT give it your card details you need to contact your bank as somebody has cloned the card. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?