cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unauthorized Charge

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

Badgerman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox has taken money from my credit card account without authorisation, how do I get it back?

76 Replies 76

cathry
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi 

Thanks for the response and the Dropbox support center information. I notified the bank as well. 

thanks 

kllebeau
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have an unauthorized charge on my debit card.  I've went round and round on this website and it keeps asking me to sign in to my account.  I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT!!  Then when I do try to follow the prompts to send an email, my only next option is to select a plan!

This is on my bank statement as a RECURRING PAYMENT:  "ATM RCR Payment Dropbox 8NN5SBGHPQK3 141-58576933"

THIS IS FRAUD!!

I did finally enter my email address and now I have a welcome email?  All I want to do is get a refund for an UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE ON MY DEBIT CARD AND CANCEL SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT SUBSCIBED TO!!

PLEASE HELP!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@kllebeau wrote:

I have an unauthorized charge on my debit card.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

kllebeau
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I used incognito mode and it still tells me:

"If you need help with a billing issue on your account, including cancellations and refunds, please sign in first"  so I don't see the purpose of that.

I'm going round and round with this.  Why is there no contact number?  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @kllebeau, after you open the page that Rich suggested through an Incognito window, in the 'I want to look up information related to:' section, choose 'other'.

Then, type in an email address you can access and continue filling out the form and click 'submit'.

Once you submit it and have the ticket number, please send it along here.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Semsrms
New member | Level 2
I am having this issue as well. I have been charged $44.xx multiple times, without my authorization. How can this be resolved? Thank you.

Rich
Super User II

@Semsrms wrote:
I have been charged $44.xx multiple times, without my authorization. How can this be resolved?

Refer to the replies above yours for information on how to resolve this.

Need more support?