cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid and still dropbox shut me off

I paid and still dropbox shut me off

thieskuijlman
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

My subscription via itunes was first declined, but then it was deducted via my second payment account on July 28. Now suddenly 3 days ago, I get a message from dropbox that I was downgraded, while itunes tells me I subscribed until August 28. When I try to upgrade via dropbox I get an error message and can't finish the purchase. What can I do?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting here, @thieskuijlman!

Are you sure you don’t have two Dropbox accounts, and only one of them has been upgraded via your iTunes account? 

Is there any chance your transaction was initially pending on your bank statement, and then it got declined for some reason?

If that’s not the case, please follow these steps, and let me know if they seem to fix the issue. Otherwise, send me a screenshot of the error message you keep receiving.

Keep me updated.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

thieskuijlman
Explorer | Level 3

I switched bankaccounts and something went wrong there. The first transaction was declined, but then Apple switches to my credit card which succeeded, so I'm sure I paid and as I have 1,1TB, I'm sure this was the only paid account I had :D. 

Now when I follow the steps you linked me to on my mobile, I see a popup, apple receipt could not be validated. That is probably the problem. But the payment was made on July 28 and this problem arised 3 days ago. Why would that happen at the end of the period?

For now I ended the subscription in itunes, because it expires today anyway. 

I will try to upgrade again tomorrow and hopefully it works then. 

Right now I get an error.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, @thieskuijlman, but if you still want to continue looking into this, or if your next attempt to upgrade fails again, please let us know.

Cheers!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

thieskuijlman
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

The cancellation succeeded, but now I get this message: "Your plan and billing information are managed externally."

I just want to add the subscription directly to my credit card. How can I change it back from itunes?

Thanks, 

Thies

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, Thies!

The message you’re receiving means that you’re still on a paid subscription via iTunes, and not a free Basic plan.

When saying that you’d like to change your plan back from iTunes, do you mean you’d like to renew your subscription the same way as before, or that you’d like to move to a direct Dropbox subscription instead, and re-upgrade from www.dropbox.com instead of the App Store?

If the latter, then you'll need to wait till your Dropbox account gets downgraded to a free Basic one again, and you can then upgrade via this page

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    thieskuijlman Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?