cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it possible to provide some mini-space subscription service, for example 120G, 250G, 500G.

Is it possible to provide some mini-space subscription service, for example 120G, 250G, 500G.

chemp
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I come from CN, the cost of 9.99$ per month is too expensive for me to pay. And I just need to sync some important documents to the cloud storage, so I don't think my documents can fill the 2000GB storage space in the near future years. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@chemp wrote:

Thanks. I got that. It should be perfect if Dropbox can provide some smaller paid plan.

They've tried smaller plans in the past, several times, and they weren't successful.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@chemp wrote:

Is it possible to provide some mini-space subscription service, for example 120G, 250G, 500G.

The smallest paid plan available is Plus for $9.99 per month. There are no smaller paid plans.

chemp
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks. I got that. It should be perfect if Dropbox can provide some smaller paid plan.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@chemp wrote:

They've tried smaller plans in the past, several times, and they weren't successful.

David T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been using Dropbox (the free version) for quite a few years, but now I need to acquire a lot more storage space - not as much as 2TB though - perhaps 100GB if they'd consider that - and it's something I want to discuss with the people at Dropbox, because for my limited needs about £100 a year (whatever that is in dollars) is just not worth the expense. Nevertheless. there's no phone number, no e-mail address, and the ******* chat bot keeps declaring that there's been an error, so I can't use that either. 

Why do some companies make themselves so hard to communicate with? It was a lot easier when all we had was landline phones. It does my head in.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'm afraid that wont happen - Dropbox have publicly said before that they are happy with the price points given because Dropbox is now much more than a storage system. 

Communicating with them wont change that. 

There are LOTS of posts, declined, over at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

David T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your views; all noted. Nevertheless, I don't see the logic of their position. There MUST be lots of people like me who would like to have, say, 100GB of storage for, say, $20 a year. Per gigabyte of storage they'd be earning a lot more from this contract than they are from providing 2TB to other people! It would hardly take much effort on the part of their software developers to offer this service. 

Aquarius
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why were they not successful? Google Drive offers 100GB for £1.59 a month and 200GB for £2.49 a month.  These are sizes that a lot of people would like and prices they can afford. If Dropbox offered similar packages for similar prices I would subscribe and I am sure a lot of other people would too.

Need more support?