cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It says I'm subscribed, but I get an "Upgrade unsuccessful - unknown error" in the Dropbox app

It says I'm subscribed, but I get an "Upgrade unsuccessful - unknown error" in the Dropbox app

Silhouettestage
Explorer | Level 3

I have upgraded my account - it says on my iPhone I am subscribed however then comes up upgrade unsuccessful - unknown error - contact Dropbox support

13 Replies 13

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Silhouettestage, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you open the Dropbox app, tap on 'account', then on the gear icon and then on 'restore purchases', does it help?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ReddDur
Explorer | Level 3
When I repurchased my subscription then I got a error message that said

unable to restore purchases (NSURLErrorDomain error 409)

I’ve been paying for months and have yet to get a response to my issue. Im at the point I either want a refund for the money I spent or I want to actually speak to someone

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ReddDur, did you upgrade from the Dropbox site directly, or via the Dropbox mobile app?

According to your bank statement, were you charged by Dropbox, iTunes, or Google Play?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

ReddDur
Explorer | Level 3
Dropbox App and ITunes

ReddDur
Explorer | Level 3
I just spoke to Apple iTunes support and they told me to contact Dropbox directly.

I have been charged $12.80 for the past 11 months since Jan 10. 2022 ($140.80 total)

It is now December and I realized when I was sent pictures, that my Dropbox app isn’t working correctly. It wouldn’t update my subscription even after I deleted and reinstalled, restarted my phone, tried to update purchases and I got a new phone last month and it still didn’t update.

I’m told on the Help that I cant call to speak to anyone because my app says I’m not updated but I’ve been paying for an update. The automated chat brought me here. Now I have all my screenshots from my emails and the error messages and when I started being told that my app wouldn’t update…

Thank goodness I successfully canceled the subscription but what about the months of payment without the proper update!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ReddDur, keep in mind that due to the way that App Store purchases are handled, we are unable to provide refunds directly for iOS in-app purchases. 

I have to redirect you back to Apple in order to pursue a refund. Please follow the steps below to contact Apple regarding a refund: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204084

Megan
dropbox.com/support

ReddDur
Explorer | Level 3
If that’s the case then why does the app tell me to contact Dropbox support for Dropbox to not even help me handle the situation. Thats what I call being scammed by a major corporation and your response was simple not helpful at all. Apple and Dropbox send me back and forth between each other with no solution or remedy to $140.80 being taken from me.

I am extremely disappointed that Dropbox and Apple are teaming up to refuse to give me my money back for poor product performance and connectivity issues and even worse customer service.

Thanks for absolutely nothing!

Jrchoules
Explorer | Level 3
I have just had the same issue, I was notified by Dropbox to say my storage is full, so paid for the upgrade but my no change to storage space and I keep receiving the same error message.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jrchoules, sorry to hear about this.

Could you try restoring your purchases as outlined here and let us know how it goes?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Jrchoules Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?