cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost phone with Google authenticator and couldn't sign in now

Lost phone with Google authenticator and couldn't sign in now

Balawayne
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi,

I have a Dropbox account in which I have enabled 2 step verification by google authenticator. I lost my phone and I couldn't access my Google Authenticator for Dropbox. Because of that when I try signing in into the Dropbox, I don't have 6 Digit Google Authenticator pin as well as I don't have Emergency Backup codes.

I really need to access my account. Please someone help me to solve this. I couldn't even email or call dropbox customer service since I have a basic plan.

Thank you in Advance,
Bala.
25 Replies 25

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@helpmedb 

I'm afraid you cannot. Promo space isnt transferable. 

Your old account will auto delete after about 12/13 months of none usage. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

helpmedb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

so if I put it in my calendar to check on this in 15 months time, I hope it says the account does not exist and doesnt still show me my phone and laptop details which it does now. I dont understand how my phone and laptop names show up as the devices that last accessed the account but I am not able to access my account from either of those devices... 

also dropbox support do not respond to emails, but tell you that they will respond which I think should be better communicated rather than leaving people hanging.

the fact I just lost 25GB of data is also not ideal : ) given i cant access the account at all... you would think that I would be given a method to set up a new account and get access to a similar offer? or its just puts me off surely using this platform altogether. 

Shame.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you can see the devices which last accessed the account doesnt that mean you are logged in? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @helpmedb, do you have the desktop app installed?

Are you able to access the account by clicking the globe icon in the desktop app, which will load the Dropbox site?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

helpmedb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I had the apps installed but I was logged out on both my laptop and mobile phone.

So if I try to login now it just says, you last logged in on these two devices and the date from now 2 weeks ago.

But the device names match and devices match.

But I am logged out and cant login as I do not have the authenticator.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'm still not sure what you're seeing, since the only way to see this information is when you're logged into your account.

Could you attach a screenshot showing this page where it said you last logged into the account on the two devices?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

helpmedb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jay -here is a screenshotA5767031-9556-4E41-9F4B-B8E36234C858.JPEG as requested

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If you're not getting the notification on either of those devices, since they were logged out, then it means that you won't be able to use it to regain access to your account.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

xrous1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey man, not sure if you'll check this. I had the same situation about getting locked out of my Dropbox. I kept persisting with Dropbox support and asked about 10 times for my case to be escalated. Eventually they escalated to another team member who allowed me to provide documents to prove my identity (passport, file names etc.) I got back into my Dropbox. Good luck!

Balawayne
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hey man, thanks! I didn't try much after that. How to communicate with them? I'm from India, So I couldn't call their customer support too. I don't know what to fo, please let me know.
Need more support?