cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money taken from me, says I have upgraded my account to professional but I haven’t! Can I get this m

Money taken from me, says I have upgraded my account to professional but I haven’t! Can I get this m

gemmaherrington
Explorer | Level 4

I received an email from Dropbox to thank me for upgrading to Professional. £199 has been debited from my account via PayPal. I didn’t make this upgrade! Can this be cancelled and refunded? I do not need this amount of space

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@gemmaherrington wrote:
I received an email from Dropbox to thank me for upgrading to Professional. £199 has been debited from my account via PayPal. I didn’t make this upgrade!

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting PayPal.

gemmaherrington
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you
I tried to go via the support page but it wouldn’t let me so will try it when logged out. I have contacted PayPal too!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @gemmaherrington, I'd be more than happy to help! 

If you managed to submit a ticket, feel free to let me know the number you received, so I can locate it on our system.

In case you didn't I'd be more than happy to send you an email. 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    gemmaherrington Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?