cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from business plan to a personal one

Moving from business plan to a personal one

Kallisti05
Explorer | Level 4

Hi

We want to devolve from a business plan to individual, There are only 2 of us involved.

I read that we may need to buy an upgraded personal plan to house the data.

Do I need to take any action to ensure I retain full access to all shared files?

Do we get any portion of the professioanl fee credoted to our personal acocunts?

If not I guess we'd need to upgrade our personal plans immediately after switching from the business plan?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Kallisti05, thanks for messaging the Community!

In general, if your files take up more than 2 GB of data, then it would require a paid plan in order for the files to remain syncing after your downgrade from the Dropbox Business plan. 

Regarding the shared files, if these are shared folders, then you'd need to ensure that you're the owner of the shared folders before you downgrade.

Currently, it isn't possible to downgrade directly to a Dropbox Professional plan, you'd need to downgrade to a Basic plan and then re-upgrade to the Professional plan.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Iceskiv
New member | Level 2
При создании дропбокс планировал использовать 5 Тб. Сейчас вижу что достаточно и 2тб. Как я могу сохранить свои загруженные данные и оплатить более дешёвый тариф

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Привет @Iceskiv, спасибо, что обратились.

На данный момент невозможно автоматически перейти с подписки Business на индивидуальную.

Вам нужно будет отменить подписку Business, а затем повторно обновить свою учетную запись до плана, который вы предпочитаете.

Во время этого процесса никакие файлы не будут потеряны, только синхронизация будет временно остановлена.

------

Hey @Iceskiv, thanks for reaching out.

At the moment, there's no way to automatically downgrade from a Business subscription to an individual one.

What you'll need to do, is cancel your Business subscription and then re-upgrade your account to the plan you prefer.

No files will be lost during this process, only syncing will stop temporarily.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Iceskiv New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?