cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox account won’t upgrade to Plus

My Dropbox account won’t upgrade to Plus

brendalegria
New member | Level 2
I updated my Dropbox to Plus, using the free 30 day option. However, it still says that my Dropbox is full. I try to install it again and it says “you’re currently subscribed to this” then I press “OK” and it says “unable to upgrade: an unknown error occurred.”
If I press Restore Purchases it says “unable to restore purchases: the operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error 409.)”
44 Replies 44

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Chiara16, when you visit your plan page right here, what is the subscription you see? 

Is it possible that you have another Dropbox account, and that you accidentally upgraded that?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Chiara16
New member | Level 2

Ciao Megan,

l'unico che vedo è quello base, ovvero gratuito con l'account sul quale voglio fare l'upgrade, ma non capisco perchè non sia andato a buon fine..

------------------

Hi Megan,

the only one I see is the basic one, i.e. free with the account on which I want to upgrade, but I don't understand why it was not successful..

Meltaylor
Explorer | Level 3
I did not receive an email. At this stage i am just seeking a refund, please advise

Chiara16
New member | Level 2

Ho ricontrollato tutto e ogni step era corretto ed è andato a buon fine, non capisco perchè la prova gratuita sembri non essere stata attivata.

-------------

I double checked everything and every step was correct and went through, I don't understand why the free trial doesn't seem to have been activated.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Meltaylor, I checked our system and I can see that we opened a ticket for you indeed, but it closed due to inactivity. 

Can you please open the email address that’s linked to your Community profile here, and check both your inbox and spam folder and let me know if you’re still unable to see this ticket?

@Chiara16, hai ricevuto qualche tipo di conferma dopo aver selezionato questa prova dal tuo computer? Hai scelto di eseguire l'upgrade direttamente tramite www.dropbox.com?

Se provi ad aggiornare nuovamente il tuo account e selezioni la stessa versione di prova, ricevi errori?

---------------------

@Chiara16, did you receive any type of confirmation after selecting this trial from your computer? Did you choose to upgrade directly via www.dropbox.com

If you try to upgrade your account once again and select the same trial, do you receive any errors?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

sisizz
Explorer | Level 4
Hello, I’ve got the same
Probleme as anyone else here who wrote in this thread… A few months ago I wanted to upgrade my account (30 days for free included) and thought that I received the 2 TB of space. I even got monthly mails telling me that I was charged money. Now I got the notification that my Dropbox is full (2GB???) and I literally can’t start a new subscription/cancel my old one. I checked my account and it said that I have the basic dropbox option. I also don’t have another account. Pls help, I’m literally so stressed out 😕

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @sisizz , I’m sorry to hear you’re having the same issue. 

If you upgraded your Dropbox account via iOS, can you please try to restore your purchases and let me know if that fixes the issue?

Let me know, and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

sisizz
Explorer | Level 4
Hello Nancy,

I’ve tried to restore my purchases but I get this notification: „Unable to restore purchases. The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error 409)“ 😕

on the App Store it also tells me that I am subscribed to Dropbox plus which apparently isn’t true…

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @sisizz, can I send you an email in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

sisizz
Explorer | Level 4
Yes, that would be very nice! 🙂
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Carlos8421 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?