cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Offered discount won't apply

Offered discount won't apply to my current plan.

CindyinElk
Explorer | Level 3

Received email offering a 25% discount.  At checkout there is no discount.  Had two chats.  No resolution.

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

Can you post a screengrab of the email?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CindyinElk
Explorer | Level 3

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 7.35.18 AM.png

Mark
Super User II

So when you click on that link what price do you get? 

You'll need to pay for a full year which, I assume, is where the discount is (paying in one go for a year vs paying monthly).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CindyinElk
Explorer | Level 3

The full amount ($119.88).

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CindyinElk, happy Thursday, let's jump into this! 

It'll sound a bit trivial, but bear with me: can you try to access this email using a different browser, then access this link there? When you do that, do you see the same pricing? 

I just want to make sure this isn't a browser related problem. 

Let me know of the results! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CindyinElk
Explorer | Level 3

I usually use Firefox, but tried Safari.  Same result.

CindyinElk
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Mark and Megan for acknowledging and trying to understand the issue.  I'm not an online community user, but I can see where it might be helpful in certain situations.  I've learned a lot trying to do my own troubleshooting.  My takeaway is that I will stay with my free version and abandon plans to upgrade.  I will research other options with better customer service.  Chats, a help center, and a community forum have not resolved the issue, whereas a phone call most likely would have.  It should not have been this hard.  Thank you again!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CindyinElk, we appreciate the feedback about the applying of the promotional offer to your account.

If you would like us to assist on this matter further, feel free to contact the support team. You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?