cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal plus downgraded by Dropbox

Personal plus downgraded by Dropbox

PeterNor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My Personal account was a PLUS plan paid in App Store witch was connected to my Team account.

How to get things back to personal Plus again when Dropbox stopped support free teams.

Who to contact, Dropbox or Apple, none of them seems to be interested in live support (no chatbot please, they're so stupid)?

/Peter

29 Replies 29

Ines N.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Totally agree! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Toshiespeaks, Dropbox Plus plans do have email support when you access the support page when logged into that account, so it is possible to contact the team directly from there if you need any assistance. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks Jay.  I did contact them this way and they got back to my email written before 9 am at 3:36am the following day with a stock answer and closed the ticket.  Not really customer service if they do not resolve the issue and 18 hour response in not direct contact.  There is no way to directly contact anyone at Dropbox.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Do you have the ticket ID so I can locate it on the system?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am going to One Drive, although they also require a personal and business account to be linked to have both on any five devices, their $69.99/yr plan includes all the O365 applications, including word, excel, powerpoint, etc.  I can get a business one drive account only for $5/month ($60/year) or for $6/month ($72/yr) with the O365 capability.  . 

This is the response I sent to a Customer Service Rep when I was asking for a solution for the dropped link between accounts:

I chatted with your business sales yesterday, and they said it had to be one personal and one business to have both accounts on all my devices (not 2 business accounts).  I have also noted a new lowered limitation on quantity of devices.  

It is a poor business decision for me to  pay for two accounts to have the same functionality as I once had, the only difference is that I would have more storage which I do not need, as I currently do not use 1/5 of the 2T I have now.  
Additionally, for the exact same functionality, I would also have to pay Dropbox for the personal and the business accounts,  $119 annual Plus Plan, and  $19/month for the business plan ($228/yr)

This change has had a negative impact on my work flow and you providing information as to how I can move files is somewhat quizzical, as I have been a Dropbox user since 2010 (as stated previously); I am also fully aware as to how to move files and folders between accounts, but now it will be completely cumbersome because of this change and only emphasizes the extra effort this change has created.  The other issue is when I bought the pro plan in 2014, that was a business plan (I still have the email).  Over the years Dropbox has added additional plans and has now converted this to a personal plan.

Believe me, I liked Dropbox and it is a shame because I have been a loyal Dropbox user since 2010 and purchaser since 2014.  It is wrong to take functionality away from users.  I am afraid that this change will cause a big loss for your company instead of the money grab that this move seems to be.  You should charge for the link if you want us to pay more, but the current solution offered is untenable.  It also makes me uncertain what functionality you might take away next.

I am planning on switching to OneDrive before my renewal date because, although they also require a personal and business account to be linked to have both on any five devices, their $69.99/yr plan includes all the O365 applications, including word, excel, powerpoint, etc.  I can get a business one drive account only for $5/month ($60/year) or for $6/month ($72/yr) with the O365 capability.  

His email to me stated (which was kind and a bit condescending as he knew I have used Dropbox for more the decade) :
Thank you for getting back to me.

I would like to start by informing you that I do appreciate your concern, and I guarantee you that my main goal is to assist, and ensure that you enjoy the Dropbox experience in the best possible way.

In regards to the ability to pair two Dropbox accounts so you can access them via a device, this is currently available only for Dropbox Business teams.

That said, should you wish to combine your accounts, the easiest way is to choose one of the accounts, and share all the files and folders to that account from the other.

If you’d like to share all files and folders from one account to the other, please follow the steps outlined in our Help Center article here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/account/merge-two-accounts 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
BTW this is the Link that I really feel does not address the issue:
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 8.27.25 AM.png

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

Were you planning on getting back to me?  I gave you my Ticket number.  I think the biggest issue is that Dropbox took away functionality and  is unwilling to admit that they just want to push users into paying for two plans.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

From the previous responses, you haven't provided me with the ticket ID. Could you type it in your next response to locate it in the system?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Ticket 16491494 I do believe I posted this previously, but I do not see it in the thread.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the ticket ID, I can see that the support agent recently replied to your message. I'd recommend contacting them if you require any further assistance on this matter. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Jay,

No one has been able to assist or resolve this issue.  Stating that it is being handled or that I can seek assistance off the forum via email does not make it true.  That is why we are objecting to this publicly and asking for the functionality to be returned without herculean efforts or large dual subscription fees. Your base of loyal users from the early years is one of the reasons Dropbox's platform has grown.  This change has forced us into look at other company's offerings because Dropbox has offer no real resolution to change that  occurred without real warning or justification.  The unlinking of accounts was thrown into the guise of dismantling of Teams (I have never used Team folders).  I have been able to link accounts for as long as I can remember (I have had the paid subscription since 2014 and the other free account since 2010).  Please offer us an acceptable economical way to relink the accounts.  I was at the doctor's office yesterday and could not access my medical records on my phone because I have my business folder on there, my personal folders disappeared before my eyes as the Wifi connected.  This is beyond frustrating, and my only option is to turn to another provider.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Toshiespeaks Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?