cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request a refund

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

491 Replies 491

warren green
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

No I don't, is there some way I can find that?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @warren green , sorry to jump in here!

Did you receive an automated reply, when you submitted the help request? The ticket number should appear there or perhaps in the title of the email.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

warren green
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

no  receipt number, we contacted our Westpac and trying from their end so hope fully works, unless you have any other suggestions?

thanks warren [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Warren green, you can always go with that path.

However, you can ask for a refund for your Dropbox subscription, directly from Dropbox.

You can contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

jamaleahpado
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It would really be nice if you can help me get a refund that was automatically purchased last January 19, 2023. You can check my billing history

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jamaleahpado, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link, scrolling down to 'Submit a help request', and providing as much info as possible. 

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

platfarm Inc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Our corporation account doesn't show any invoices or bill statement but we've been charged $11 every month. Also, our account says it's not on plans.

if our CC information is on someone else's account,  are we still be able to find out which account is going to be?

I tried to ask to all our employees if they're using Dropbox Platform or not, no one said yes.

Please refund the money what we've been charged for several  months, or cancel the plans if it belongs to this account or any other account.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @platfarm Inc, sorry to hear about this.

Can you please try our self-serve look up tool to identify the email address that's linked to the charges you mentioned?

If that doesn't help, let me know here and I'll reach out via email to investigate further. 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

indy729
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had a free trial I set up, of which I cancelled on the date I was given was my last day to cancel (today). However I was still charged $199! I am attempting to communicate with my bank as Dropbox doesn't have a customer service number to talk to directly... The plan is officially cancelled through Dropbox, but it is showing cancelled for 2024 not 2023!! Can you please refund? It is literally the same day, I shouldn't be charged for a full year!! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@indy729 wrote:

I had a free trial I set up, of which I cancelled on the date I was given was my last day to cancel (today).

Never wait until the last day to cancel a subscription; ANY subscription. Most companies' systems are usually set to bill on the last day. If your request to cancel is processed after the charge is processed, you're too late.

... Dropbox doesn't have a customer service number to talk to directly...

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?