cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: This is a scam

This is a scam

Alex8881
New member | Level 2

I did not authorize dropbox to charge my account.  This is a scam.  No phone number to call?  If you're reading this, don't fall for it.

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Alex8881 wrote:

I did not authorize dropbox to charge my account.  This is a scam.  No phone number to call?  If you're reading this, don't fall for it.

Dropbox is not a scam. Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Otherwise, contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

georgekay
Helpful | Level 6

Definetly not a scam but the way of adding users to the plans it should be done differently.

Somehow, I did not figure it out yet, I shared some galleries with colleagues in the same organization but my itend was to just share some photos with them to download. They did not need a dropbox account.

All of a sudden there was an account created for them without my permission and got charged.

Fortunately dropbox support was available and they cancelled the extra account and gave me a refund.

I did not even notice anything in my account. I received a text from my credit card that I was charged.

Need more support?