cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access Account - Email No Longer in Use - Need to Cancel my Annual Subscription

Unable to Access Account - Email No Longer in Use - Need to Cancel my Annual Subscription

tah242
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I realized I was billed $200 for an annual service I no longer need to use.  I had this account up for a Rotary club, but not longer need the account.  I am unable to log in because I can't recall the password and the email associated with the account has been deleted, so I can't log into it to reset the password.

Customer Service contact information at Dropbox is horrible, so I'm hoping someone here can assist.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@tah242 wrote:

I realized I was billed $200 for an annual service I no longer need to use. ... I am unable to log in because I can't recall the password and the email associated with the account has been deleted, so I can't log into it to reset the password.

Without access to the email address there's no way to reset the password or gain access to the account. To stop any future charges you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

tah242
New member | Level 2

Thank you!

I still cannot access my account because when I attempt to, it send a six digit code to an email that NO longer exists.  Is there a phone number where a LIVE person is available talk with?

I do appreciate your assistance.

Rich
Super User II

@tah242 wrote:

Is there a phone number where a LIVE person is available talk with?

No, there isn't. You need to open a ticket using the steps I posted above. You don't need access to your account to do it. Just select Other when it asks about an account and continue filling in the form that appears. Eventually you'll see a field about whether it answered your question and when you select No you'll be prompted for additional information to submit a ticket.

tah242
New member | Level 2

Once again, Thank You!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tah242 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?