cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access the main account in order to cancel my plan.

Unable to access the main account in order to cancel my plan.

YourSupport93
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

I made this account because I can't get into my other account even though I've jumped through ALL of your hoops. 

My original account is still being charged 12.95 every month. I tried to delete it, but in order to do so I had to log in. I tried to log in but the site said I hadn't logged in in too long and needed to verify my account. It said it sent a code to my email address. It didn't. I tried several times over several days and then finally realized I could click that I was having trouble receiving the code. 

Then it had me fill out this list of information no human would know (which month I started the account? No way 95% of people would remember that). It kept saying the information was incorrect until finally I tried too many times and was given this email address with the direction to explain my issue: 

support@dropbox.com

I emailed that address and was immediately sent a reply saying that the email was no longer monitored. 

The email... that you... told me... to use... is not... MONITORED.

Anyway, here I am, broken and defeated and all I want to do is stop being charged almost 13 dollars a month. 

Please, if there is kindness in your soul, help me. Help me be done with this company. 

Thank you. 
3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@YourSupport93 wrote:
... all I want to do is stop being charged almost 13 dollars a month.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

YourSupport93
New member | Level 2

I just went to that link, while in incognito mode, and I was given this: 

If you need help with a billing issue on your account, including cancellations and refunds, please sign in first

I clicked everything else on that webpage and nothing led to a place where I could stop payments. I clicked: 

Google Pay and App Store billing

And that didn't help. I then clicked: 

View payments & billing help

And that didn't help. 

I just want to stop payments. Why is this so difficult? It's requiring me to log in but then NOT allowing me to log in. 

Rich
Super User II

3128d3daa6eaf386f4726a383526a7f0.gif

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    YourSupport93 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?