cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Professional / Cannot access live chat or priority e-mail support features

Upgraded to Professional / Cannot access live chat or priority e-mail support features

JohnsonHeidi
Explorer | Level 3

I upgraded to Dropbox Professional this afternoon. Before I did so, I chatted with a sales rep who confirmed in writing that Professional offers live chat support.

When I click on Dropbox.com/support or Dropbox.com/support/chat, the only option I am given is e-mail, and it says that the expected response time is 72 hours.

When I click on settings>plan, it says that I am subscribed to Dropbox Professional and that I have 3TB of storage. I have logged in and out multiple times and restarted my computer. 

I have seen that other Professional users have had similar issues. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hello there @JohnsonHeidi - welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please let me what exactly is your plan tab showing at the moment? 

Is it possible that you were part of a team account at some point in the past before upgrading your account to the Professional plan?

In that case, you'd need to leave the free team to revert your account back to an individual one fully. From there, you should be able to use the live chat feature normally. 

Let me know what you find, Heidi!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JohnsonHeidi
Explorer | Level 3

My Plan tab shows "Professional." My storage increased from 2 TB to 3 TB. No, I've never been a member of a team account. I'm a sole proprietor.

I received an e-mail back from Dropbox support this morning and tried all of the things she suggested. Live chat is still not working.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @JohnsonHeidi 

What time zone are you in? 

LiveChat disappears from the site when its closed or not available to you at that time. 

Check at www.dropbox.com/account that your zone is right

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JohnsonHeidi
Explorer | Level 3

I'm U.S. Eastern.  It's correct.  I still don't see the chat.  😞

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JohnsonHeidi, Sorry for jumping in, just wanted us to try something. 

Can you visit the www.dropbox.com/team page, and click on Leave team?

Just in case you accidentally created a team in the past and you do not recall it.

It sounds like this could be holding you back from chatting with our support team.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JohnsonHeidi
Explorer | Level 3

@MeganI tried clicking on "leave team" but nothing happened. It said "Leave team? You’ll lose access to all Grey Dog Group groups. Your account will be converted to a personal Dropbox."

On that page, I am listed as admin and then "Everyone at Grey Dog Group" is listed as a group.  When I click on the group, it says

"This group was created automatically and includes invited members. To change who’s in the group, admins can add or remove members of Grey Dog Group" I am the only member of the group.

There are no "teams." 

Teams are different from groups, right?

Thank you!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @JohnsonHeidi, groups are a set of members who are part of a team. Since you mentioned the option to leave a team, it sounds like you're the admin of a free team.

If you haven't left the team, then the account won't return to a personal account.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

jason999
New member | Level 2

Live chat with Dropbox Support doesn't work for me either. I just click on the 'Chat Now' link but nothing ever happens.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jason999, how are you today?

Have you tried reaching out to our support from multiple browsers, or a specific one? I'd also suggest an incognito tab on your current browser, just to see how it behaves. 

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    jason999 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    JohnsonHeidi Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?