cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What happens to existing files after the 30 days trial ends?

What happens to existing files after the 30 days trial ends?

Thrall
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I know dropbox stops syncing after the 30 days trial ends, but what happens to the files I've uploaded during the trial? Can I still access them? And how long would they stay? (Sorry for my bad English)

17 Replies 17

loren24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
i want to get the individuals dropbox plus 11.99 monthly after my profesional trial how can i do that? i need to cancel to not get billed for the profesional but want to switch to plus 2tb 11.99 monthly

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

As you currently can't downgrade to a lower paid plan, you'd need to downgrade to a Basic plan first, and once the account shows that it's the free plan, then you can upgrade to a Dropbox Plus plan.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

loren24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
the free plan only have 2gb of storage so far i have 328g would they delete it till it fits 2gb?

and if i get it its cancel trial maybe 2 days before in case of glitches.... get free plan... once on free get basic plus 11,99 monthly am i right?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to jump in here, @loren24!

If your account gets downgraded and you have more than 2 GB of files, only syncing will stop for your account, until you re-upgrade; your files will remain in the account.

And you can see our available plans and prices here.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

loren24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
so how should i do it i want to cancel before trial so i wont get billed im gonna get the dropbox plus 2tb 11.99 monthly how can i do that?

click cancel trial then what?

loren24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
if one of my card doesnt have enough fund can i split my payment for that month in two cards?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @loren24, you'd need to cancel, allow for the account to downgrade and then re-upgrade by purchasing the plan you want. 

As for splitting the cost between two payment methods, I'm afraid this isn't possible at the moment. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

younglordimnj
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Thrall, thanks for joining the Community!
Don't Worry About your English , I have Understand it , But I will Suggest you to add Billing Information & Paid for Business Dropbox  . Dropbox will Provide very great features in very Reasonable Price according to your Purpose of Use and Allotment . They are providing Proper Client  Interference to use perfectly with Dropbox Desktop Application .When you downgrade after a trial, all that will happen to your account is the files will stop syncing, if you're overquota when you downgrade.
You'll still be able to access your account, however, any new additions or edits won't sync to the account. The files will remain indefinitely on the account, as Dropbox doesn't delete any files without user input. I would recommend that you login to your account at least once within 12 months to keep the entire account active.

You can delete files from your account to get underquota again, which will allow it to sync once more.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Need more support?